|Initial release||March 2005|
5.7.0 / November 12, 2018
|Written in||PHP 5.6+|
|Type||Customer Relationship Management|
|License||GNU AGPL 3|
CiviCRM's core tracks contacts, relationships, activities, groups, tags and permissions, while its components keep track of contributors (CiviContribute), events (CiviEvent), member lists (CiviMember), cases (CiviCase), grants (CiviGrant), campaigns (CiviCampaign), petitions (CiviPetition), bulk mailings (CiviMail) and reports (CiviReport).
CiviCRM is deployed in conjunction with either the Backdrop CMS, Drupal, Joomla! or WordPress content management systems (CMS), and is supported by many hosting and professional services companies. Both the Drupal and Joomla! professional associations use CiviCRM. CiviCRM's license is the GNU AGPL 3.
CiviCRM is used by many large NGOs including Amnesty International, Creative Commons, the Free Software Foundation, CERN and the Wikimedia Foundation for their fundraising. There are also cases of very large record sets being used with one company claiming to have set up CiviCRM with a set of over 3 million constituents. CiviCRM is also used by Kabissa to provide CRM capabilities to over 1,500 organizations, mostly in Africa.
- "Project of the Month, January 2011: CiviCRM". Sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "CiviCRM 5.7.0 release". 12 November 2018. Retrieved 14 November 2018.
- "An assessment of CiviCRM for non-profits". Opensourceexperiments.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "CiviCRM, Free CRM for Nonprofits". Tmcnet.com. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- About CiviCRM, official site, accessed July 22, 2010.
- Gregory Heller says: (2009-02-12). "Hosting provider information". Wiki.civicrm.org. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "CiviCRM professional service providers". Civicrm.org. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "Using CiviCRM from Packt Publishing". Packtpub.com. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "Understanding CiviCRM from". FLOSS Manuals. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- CiviCRM Wiki
- "CiviCRM Forums - Index". Forum.civicrm.org. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "Participate". CiviCRM Community Site. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- "Amnesty International's Project Impact". Civicactions.com. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "CiviCRM Amnesty International Case Study". Wiki.civicrm.org. 2010-10-25. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- Yergler, Nathan (2010-04-22). "Transcript of Creative Commons CTO talk on using CiviCRM". Yergler.net. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "Free Software Foundation: Time for nonprofits to leave proprietary fundraising software systems behind". Fsf.org. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- Wikimedia & FourKitchens support CiviCRM development Wikimedia blog, June 10th, 2009
- "CiviCRM Solutions". Trellon.com. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- Ekine, Sokari (2008-03-27). "PBS MediaShift: Africa's Social Media Conundrum". Pbs.org. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- Various authors: CiviCRM manual. Free book (GPL) by FLOSS Manuals (1st ed. May 2009, 2nd ed. May 2010, 3rd ed. March 2011). Covers CiviCRM's core functionality for contacts (individuals, households, and organizations), relationships, and activities, as well as its four main modules: CiviContribute, CiviEvent, CiviMail, and CiviMember.
- Free online books at CiviCRM Books
- Joseph Murray and Brian Shaughnessy: Using CiviCRM. Packt Publishing. Develop and implement a fully functional, systematic CRM plan for your organization Using CiviCRM.