Clara López Obregón
|Clara Eugenia López Obregón|
|Acting Mayor of Bogotá|
8 June 2011 – 1 January 2012
|Appointed by||Juan Manuel Santos Calderón|
|Preceded by||Samuel Moreno Rojas|
|Succeeded by||Gustavo Petro Urrego|
|6th Auditor General of Colombia|
1 April 2003 – 1 April 2005
|Nominated by||Supreme Court of Justice|
|Appointed by||Council of State|
|Preceded by||César Augusto López Botero|
|Succeeded by||Piedad Amparo Zúñiga Quintero|
12 April 1950 |
Bogotá, D.C., Colombia
|Political party||Alternative Democratic Pole (2005—present)|
Clara Eugenia López Obregón (born April 12, 1950) is a Colombian politician who served as Acting Mayor of Bogotá from 2011 to 2012. A Harvard-trained economist, she was the Alternative Democratic Pole's nominee for President of Colombia in the 2014 election.
López was born on 12 April 1950 in Bogotá, Colombia to Álvaro López Holguín (grandson of Alfonso López Pumarejo) and Cecilia Obregón Rocha. (cousin of painter Alejandro Obregón Roses)  She attended Colegio Nueva Granada in Bogotá, but was later sent to live in McLean, Virginia in the United States, where she attended the Madeira School, a prestigious preparatory boarding school for girls. After graduating high school in 1968, she attended Harvard University where she became an active participant in the student movement opposed to United States involvement in the Vietnam War. She graduated with an A.B. magna cum laude in June 1972.
She married on 13 September 1980 in Tenjo, Cundinamarca to Edmond Jacques Courtois Miller, a wealthy Canadian banker whom she met while in Harvard, but they later divorced after Courtois was charged and pleaded guilty to insider trading charges in New York in 1983, having peddled confidential takeover information while a Vice President at Morgan Stanley's mergers and acquisitions department from 1974 to 1977. She later remarried to Carlos Romero Jiménez, whom she met while they both served in the Bogotá City Council. She has no children.
- "FACTBOX-Candidates in Colombia's presidential election". Reuters. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- Restrepo Sáenz, José María; Rivas, Raimundo; Restrepo Posada, José, eds. (1995). Genealogías de Santa Fe de Bogotá (in Spanish) (4 ed.). Bogotá: Editorial Presencia. p. 390. OCLC 28546996. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- Vengoechea, Alejandra de. "Clara López: La mujer rebelde". El Tiempo (in Spanish). Bogotá. ISSN 0121-9987. OCLC 28894254. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "Bogotá Social". El Tiempo (in Spanish). Bogotá (24.143): 10E. 12 September 1980. ISSN 0121-9987. OCLC 28894254.
- "Courtois faces U.S. conspiracy charges". The Gazette. Montreal: 30. 5 February 1981. ISSN 0384-1294. OCLC 456824368. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
|This article about a Colombian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|