Type of site
Climate Central is a nonprofit news organization that analyzes and reports on climate science. Composed of scientists and science journalists, the organization conducts scientific research on climate change and energy issues, and produces multimedia content that is distributed via their website and media partners. Climate Central has been featured in many of the nation's most respected news sources including the New York Times, The Associated Press, Reuters, NBC Nightly News, CBS News, CNN, ABC News, Nightline, Time, National Public Radio, PBS, Scientific American, National Geographic, Science, and The Washington Post. 
Climate Central's President and CEO is Paul Hanle. Former Weather Channel climate expert Heidi Cullen is the group's Director of Communications and Chief Climatologist. The organization's research team is directed by Richard Wiles, while the editorial team features veterans of CNN, Time magazine, The Weather Channel, Environment and Energy Daily, DISCOVER Magazine, MLB.com and Washingtonpost.com.
At an October 2005 conference sponsored by the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies and held in Aspen, Colorado, more than a hundred leading scientists, policymakers, journalists, and leaders from business, religion and civil society identified the critical need for a central authoritative source for climate change information. A broad group of climate experts later confirmed this need during a November 2006 New York meeting convened by James Gustave Speth, Dean of the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. At roughly the same time, in Palo Alto, California, The 11th Hour Project began organizing with the mission to popularize reliable information about global warming solutions, using the power of Silicon Valley scientists, entrepreneurs, and inventors.
These meetings inspired the idea for Climate Central, which took shape early in 2008 with seed money from The Flora Family Foundation and development funds from 11th Hour Project. The founding board included Jane Lubchenco, Steven Pacala and Wendy Schmidt.
- Official site – contains original multimedia content on climate change, including daily news and blogs, long form video, Web videos, and infographics.
- News Content News stories on climate change] produced by Climate Central - contains original content produced by Climate Central staff and media partners.
- Funding - information on Climate Central's funders.
- Board Members - information about Climate Central's Board of Directors.
- Scientists and journalists team up to get the climate story straight, Grist
- Columbia Journalism Review: A One-Stop Shop for Climate Information
- New Journalism-Science Initiatives Alter How News Is Shaped
- Climate Change TV
- Climate Central's Broadcast Videos
-  Resources for learning more about climate science.
-  The 11th Hour Project website
-  Climate Central's Founding Board