Closure (video game)
|Release date(s)||PlayStation 3
Microsoft Windows & Mac
December 19, 2012
Closure is an independent video game developed by programmer Tyler Glaiel and artist Jon Schubbe with music and sound by Chris Rhyne. Originally released as a Flash game of the same name on the website Newgrounds, a full version of the game has been developed for Microsoft Windows, Mac and PlayStation Network in Spring 2012. Additionally, the game made its Linux debut as part of Humble Indie Bundle 7 on December 19, 2012.
Closure is a puzzle/platformer title that centers on the concept of light. Through each of the many levels, the goal is to reach the door at the end. Lighting is a key gameplay mechanic, as only platforms and walls illuminated by lightbulbs, or orbs of light the player can carry can actually be touched by the player. The player can therefore walk through walls or fall through the floor based on where the light is. However, this also means the player can fall to their death accidentally by neglecting to stay inside of lit areas. There are also other objects which the player can interact with, such as hinged spotlights, keys, orb pedestals with various purposes and vines tied to orbs of light. The player has to make use of the light source and light orbs in order to get through the area without falling off the bottom.
- Hernandez, Ro (March 12, 2012). "PSN Spring Fever 2012: New Games, Discounts, Call of Duty Sale This Week". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved October 26, 2012.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (August 23, 2012). "Spooky PSN puzzler Closure is coming to Steam in September". Eurogamer. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- "Introducing Humble Indie Bundle 7!". December 19, 2012. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- Glaiel, Tyler (August 25, 2011). "Closure Hits PSN Next Spring, Play It At PAX". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved October 26, 2012.
- Yu, Derek (March 12, 2010). "IGF Award Winners". TIGSource. Retrieved October 26, 2012.
- "Indie Game Challenge - Closure". Retrieved October 26, 2012.
|This puzzle video game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This platform game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|