Clydebank Co-operative Society
|Headquarters||Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire, Scotland|
The Clydebank Co-operative Society Limited is the smallest consumers' co-operative in Scotland, based in the town of Clydebank near Glasgow. Along with Scotmid and The Co-operative Group, it is one of three co-operative retailers in Scotland, and the only one not merged into a regional or national society.
Unusually for co-operatives in the United Kingdom, it is not a member of Co-operatives UK. However, in its founding year of 1881, it joined the Scottish Co-operative Wholesale Society. Until 2013, Clydebank Co-op had buying arrangements with the Co-operative Retail Trading Group (CRTG), a buying group managed by The Co-operative Group, the successor of SCWS, which also manages The Co-operative brand.
As of 2015[update], the society operates six food stores ranging from just over 6,500 square feet at Dunn Street, to its smallest, 1,800 square feet (170 m2), at Great Western Road & Sylvania Way South, Clydebank
- Great Western Road, Knightswood
- Faifley Road, Faifley
- Baldwin Ave, Knightswood
- Sylvania Way South, Clydebank
- Kilbowie Road, Clydebank
- Dunn Street, Dalmuir
- Duntocher Road, Parkhall
In 2014, it closed its Hardgate food store, reducing the number of its food stores from seven to six.
- "Clydebank Co-op Board, 1881". TheClydebankStory. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- "About Us". Co-operative Retail Trading Group. 2007. Retrieved 2008-05-13.
- "Opening of new foodstore at Baldwin Avenue". Clydebank Co-op. 6 Sep 2013. Retrieved 1 Jul 2015.
- Kidd, Marie-Claire (24 Feb 2014). "Clydebank Co-op withdraws from national co-operative buying group". Co-operative News. Retrieved 1 Jul 2015.
Clydebank Co-operative is entering a supply agreement with Glasgow-based wholesaler JW Filshill, bringing to an end its 10-year arrangement with the Co-operative Retail Trading Group (CRTG). ... Last September, Clydebank opened its first jointly branded Clydebank Co-operative Society/KeyStore store in Glasgow’s West End. A supply and fascia rollout to Clydebank’s remaining five food outlets began this month and will continue throughout the year.
- "Our food stores". Clydebank Co-op. Retrieved 1 Jul 2015.
- "Hardgate Branch Closure". Clydebank Co-op. 28 Nov 2013. Retrieved 1 Jul 2015.
we will close our Hardgate branch on January 11th 2014.