This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
CollabFeature is a group of independent filmmakers from all over the world who have come together to create feature films made up of multiple individual stories. Each filmmaker writes and directs his or her own small segment of a film in his or her own country. The group's first feature, The Owner, began shooting in spring of 2010 and was completed in 2012. The project was created by Detroit-based filmmaker Marty Shea and web developer Ian Bonner.
CollabFeature's first multi-director project was a feature film entitled The Owner. The story follows a lost backpack that travels the globe on a journey to find its owner, a man named "MacGuffin." As the story progresses, we learn details about the mysterious man to whom the bag belongs. The film brings together a variety of cultures, languages and film styles into a singular narrative plot.
With its 28 directors (including the three additional directors[clarification needed]), The Owner had more directors than Paris je t'aime, which currently holds the Guinness World Record for the most directors (21) on one film.
CollabFeature's second multi-director project was a feature film entitled Train Station, about possibilities and choices. Filmed in 25 countries, 40 filmmakers collaboratively wrote and assembled it via CollabFeature, the world's first Internet collaboration of its kind.
The film follows a single, unnamed character played by 43 different actors from different parts of the world. Every time the character is confronted with a choice, the film cuts to a new actor in a new city. A new director continues the story. The character, who always wears brown, switches ages, genders and nationalities. Every time the Character in Brown reaches the end of a story path, the film backs up to a previous choice and a new director takes us down a different path to explore "what would have happened if..."
- Premiere at East Lansing Film Festival, Michigan, US, November 6, 2015
- Sudan Independent Film Festival
- Berlin Independent Film Festival, February 17, 2016
- Washington DC Film Festival, March 10, 2016
- Marty Shea - Detroit, US
- Rafael Yoshida - São Paulo
- Fahad Shaikh - Dubai
- Sabine Sebaali - Beirut
- Steve Murphy - London
- Varun Mathur - New Delhi
- Brian Shephard - Orlando, Florida
- Asmit Pathare - Mumbai
- Nicolas Fogliarini - Paris
- Neha Raheja Thakker - Mumbai
- Vishesh Mankal - New Delhi
- Francois Coetzee - Cape Town
- Mairtin de Barra - Dublin
- Xavier Agudo - Berlin
- Yango González - Bogota, Colombia
- Alexander Schoenauer - Berlin
- Nino Leitner - Innsbruck, Austria
- Arne von Nostitz-Rieneck - Vienna
- Reenita Malhotra - Hong Kong
- Michael Canzoniero - New York City
- Nicole Sylvester - Brooklyn
- John Versical - Chicago
- Ingrid FRANCHI - Paris, France
- Todd Felderstein - Los Angeles
- Prashant Sehgal - New Delhi
- Craig Lines - Newcastle, England
- Terek, Donna (April 28, 2013). "Detroit duo collaborates on United Nations of filmmaking". The Detroit News. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- http://www.collabfeature.com/bios[permanent dead link]