Columbia Heights station
|rapid transit station|
|Location||3030 14th Street, NW, Washington, D.C.|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Connections|| Metrobus: 52, 54, 59, D32, H1, H2, H3, H4, H8, S1, S2, S9, W45, W47|
Woodley Park–Adams Morgan–McPherson Square Metro
|Bicycle facilities||4 racks, 12 lockers|
|Opened||September 18, 1999|
|2017||10,679 daily  5.38%|
Columbia Heights is a Washington Metro station in Washington, D.C., on the Green and Yellow Lines. Due to successful redevelopment since the station's opening, Columbia Heights is one of the busiest Metro stops outside the downtown core, with over four million exits in 2010.
The station is located in Northwest Washington at 14th and Irving Streets (entrances at both the Southwest and Northeast corners), serving both the Columbia Heights and Mount Pleasant neighborhoods. It is also close to the Adams Morgan neighborhood. Service began on September 18, 1999.
The station has an island platform located underneath 14th Street, with an entrance at the intersection with Irving Street.
|G||Street level||Exit/entrance, buses|
|M||Mezzanine||Fare gates, ticket machines, station agent|
|Southbound||← toward Branch Avenue (U Street)|
← toward Huntington (U Street)
|Northbound||toward Greenbelt (Georgia Avenue–Petworth) →|
Installed in 1999, Woven Identities is a mural and wall sculpture located in the Metro station. Installed as part of the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities public art agenda the piece was created by D.C. architect Meghan Walsh, AIA and youth from Casa Del Pueblo Community Center. A series of painted panels, which appear like mosaics, the mural is abstract featuring faces representing the diversity of the Columbia Heights neighborhood. Neon lights of many colors glow from behind the framed painted mosaics.
- "Metrorail Average Weekday Passenger Boardings" (PDF). WMATA. Retrieved August 29, 2018.
- "Columbia Heights neighborhood profile" (PDF). WDCEP. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- WMATA (2010). "Columbia Heights Station". Art by Metro Line: Green Line. Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. Archived from the original on June 15, 2011. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Columbia Heights (WMATA station).|
- WMATA Columbia Heights station page
- StationMasters page for Columbia Heights station
- The Schumin Web Transit Center: Columbia Heights Station
- Irving Street west entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Irving Street east entrance from Google Maps Street View