|Second Deputy Defender of the People of Spain|
|Member of the European Parliament for Spain|
|Deputy of the Parliament of Catalonia|
|Second Vice-President of the Parliament of Catalonia|
|First Vice-President of the Parliament of Catalonia|
|Succeeded by||Arcadi Calzada i Salavedra|
|Councilor of Figueres|
Concepció Ferrer Casals
27 January 1938
|Alma mater||University of Barcelona|
|Awards||Creu de Sant Jordi (2011)|
With a licentiate in Romance Philology from the University of Barcelona, since the 1970s Concepció Ferrer has lived in Figueres, where she has been a professor of contemporary literature. In 1977 she joined the Democratic Union of Catalonia (UDC). In the municipal elections of 1979 she was elected councilor of the municipality of Figueres. Later, she obtained the Catalonian Parliament seat for the constituency of Girona when the first elections were held after the approval of the Statute of Catalan Autonomy, renewing her mandate in 1984, both times within the candidacy of Convergence and Union (CiU). From 1980 to 1984 she served as First Vice-President of the Catalan Parliament.
In the European elections of 1987 she was elected deputy of the European Parliament, a seat that she renewed in the successive electoral calls until 2004. At the European level, she was vice-president of the European People's Party and president of the Unión Femenina Democristiana Europea. She has been a member of the Academic and Social Council of the International University of Catalonia, and in 2012 she was elected Second Deputy of the Defender of the People, a responsibility she currently holds. In 2011 she was awarded the Creu de Sant Jordi.
- El Parlament Europeu, motor de la construcció europea
- Nacionalisme i europeisme (1990)
- Reflexions europees (1994)
- La Utopia d'Europa (1994), ISBN 9788488591357
- Petita Història d'Europa (1998), ISBN 9788483340141
- Una veu a Europa (1999), ISBN 9788483341056
- Torn de paraula (2004), ISBN 9788483345672
- Petita Història dels Drets Humans (2010), ISBN 9788483345641
- "Los Adjuntos de la Defensora del Pueblo toman posesión de su cargo" [Deputy Defenders of the People Take Office] (in Spanish). Defender of the People of Spain. 26 July 2012. Archived from the original on 6 April 2015. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "¿Quién es el Defensor?" [Who is the Defender?] (in Spanish). Defender of the People of Spain. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Creus de Sant Jordi per les Vedrunes i Concepció Ferrer". Nació Digital (in Catalan). 28 April 2011. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- Granell, Francesc; Pou i Serradell, Víctor; Sánchez Férriz, Miquel-Àngel (2002). Catalunya dins la Unió Europea: política, economia i societat [Catalonia Within the European Union: Politics, Economy, and Society] (in Catalan). Ediciones 62. p. 61. ISBN 9788429750935. Retrieved 18 August 2018 – via Google Books.
- Guibernau, Montserrat (31 July 2004). Catalan Nationalism: Francoism, Transition and Democracy. Routledge. p. 136. ISBN 9781134353262. Retrieved 18 August 2018 – via Google Books.
- "I legislatura" (in Catalan). Parliament of Catalonia. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Concepció Ferrer". European Parliament. Retrieved 18 August 2018.