Content writing services
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Content writing services (also known as online content writing services and content marketing services is a category of work that first surfaced in the early 1990s, due to an exponential rise in online activities. Content writing aims to provide the "speech" to a website, summarising what the website is about and explaining what the site offers to potential customers.
The availability of the global job market means content writing services vary in the paid-for services on offer. In general, most content writing organizations offer the writing of article copy, blog posts, press releases, web page information, product descriptions and other corporate material. While different pricing scales apply to these categories (depending on the company), most providers charge a fixed "by the word" rate.
Adoption of the World Wide Web spread across the globe during the early 1990s. With it came the ability for businesses to represent themselves through a website, enabling visitors to obtain relevant information and engage with their favorite brands. Later came search engines like Yahoo, Google, and Bing. Their goal was to categorize information found on the internet and present it to those who were searching for it. This information, known as web content, became intrinsic to the modern Web in years to come.
The demand made by search engines for credible and well-organized information led to the development of commercial content writing services. Content writers aim to write the company's desired text in a manner that completely aligns with the brand's values, ethos and style.
Present day content
The 21st century distinguishes content writing services into multiple segments. Such categorization comes from a diversified approach of presenting information in the World Wide Web Consortium. Today, in addition to its utilization for commercial descriptive purposes, individuals have taken up writing as a means to communicate with their global audience. The main subdivisions of content writing services today include.
- Article - A descriptive piece of text used by companies and organizations to enlighten users on a particular topic. It highly informative and detailed in nature.
- Blog - A personal journal that is maintained by an individual or an organization and needs to be uploaded as and when required. Blogs indulge in an interactive tone with its readers.
- Press Release – A brief news story from an organization’s PR manager outlining recent facts, sales figures, profit margins, new services, product releases, etc. as laid down by the officials.
- Web Content – Visually descriptive & interactive content present on the web pages of every website that highlights the services and amenities provided by a venture.
- NBC News (2016), "This Is What the Internet Looked Like in the 1990s", NBC News, Retrieved 2016-02-05
|This World Wide Web-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|