Conway–Horry County Airport
|Conway–Horry County Airport|
|Owner||Horry County Department of Airports|
|Serves||Conway, South Carolina|
|Location||U.S. Route 378|
|Elevation AMSL||35 ft / 11 m|
Conway–Horry County Airport (ICAO: KHYW, FAA LID: HYW) is a county-owned public-use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) west of the central business district of Conway, a city in Horry County, South Carolina, United States.
Conway–Horry County airport serves mostly general aviation with maintenance and refueling of aircraft. The airport is located off of U.S. Route 378 west of the city of Conway. The airport has one runway and covers 265 acres (1.07 km2) of land.
Facilities and aircraft
Conway–Horry County Airport covers an area of 265 acres (107 ha) at an elevation of 35 feet (11 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 4/22 with a 4,401 by 75 ft (1,341 x 23 m) asphalt surface.
For the 12-month period ending September 11, 2007, the airport had 43,050 aircraft operations, an average of 117 per day: ~99% general aviation, <1% air charter and <1% military. At that time there were 39 aircraft based at this airport: 90% single-engine and 10% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for HYW ( PDF), effective 2008-09-25.
- KHYW – Conway, South Carolina (Conway–Horry County Airport) at Great Circle Mapper
- Horry County Department of Airports
- South Carolina Division of Aeronautics
- FAA Terminal Procedures for HYW, effective February 1, 2018
- Resources for this airport: