|Dr. R. N. Cooper Municipal General Hospital|
|Location||Juhu, Mumbai, India|
|Beds||636 + 304 (940 teaching beds)|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
The Dr. R. N. Cooper Municipal General Hospital is a public hospital located in Juhu, Mumbai, India. It is owned by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation and is operated under a public-private partnership.
The hospital underwent massive reconstruction after the original building was declared unfit for use in 1999. The new upgrade, at a cost of ₹321 crore, includes more beds, as well as systems for rainwater harvesting and sewerage treatment. The new hospital design includes an infection control design to prevent doctors from contracting tuberculosis while on duty.
A medical college has been planned at the hospital by the BMC. Since the hospital does not have the required 800 bed strength, it has been proposed to jointly run it at Cooper as well as the Bal Thakeray Trauma Care Hospital in Jogeshwari.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Dermatology & Venereology
- Dentistry & Maxillofacial surgery
- "Cooper Hospital gets new Rs321crore building in Mumbai". Mumbai. Daily News and Analysis. 29 November 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Iyer, Malathy (13 March 2003). "BMC commences Cooper Hospital revival project". Mumbai. Times of India. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Chapter 2; Dr. RN Cooper MG Hospital" (PDF). Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai. p. 1. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Shelar, Jyoti (15 September 2013). "New BMC hospitals to be specially designed to save docs from TB". Mumbai. Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "BMC plans first medical college in western suburbs". Mumbai. Daily News and Analysis. 7 November 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-25.