Hinduhridaysamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Medical College and Dr. R. N. Cooper Municipal General Hospital
|Dr. R. N. Cooper Municipal General Hospital|
|Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation|
|Location||501, JVPD Scheme, Vile Parle West, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056, India|
|Affiliated university||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences|
|Beds||636 + 304 (940 teaching beds)|
|Former name(s)||Maternity Hospital|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
The Dr. R. N. Cooper Municipal General Hospital is a public hospital located in Juhu, Mumbai, India. It is owned by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation and is operated under a public-private partnership. This hospital was upgraded into medical college in 2015.
The hospital underwent massive reconstruction after the original building was declared unfit for use in 1999. The new upgrade, at a cost of ₹321 crore, includes more beds, as well as systems for rainwater harvesting and sewage treatment. The new hospital design includes an infection control design to prevent doctors from contracting tuberculosis while on duty.
The hospital/college has the following departments:
- Community Medicine
- Dentistry & Maxillofacial surgery
- Dermatology & Venereology
- Forensic Medicine
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy
- Pulmonary Medicine
There were protests at the hospital after a patient attacked a nurse in April 2020.
- "Cooper Municipal General Hospital". Google maps. Retrieved 9 September 2020.
- "Cooper Hospital gets new Rs321crore building in Mumbai". Mumbai. Daily News and Analysis. 29 November 2013. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Iyer, Malathy (13 March 2003). "BMC commences Cooper Hospital revival project". Mumbai. Times of India. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "Chapter 2; Dr. RN Cooper MG Hospital" (PDF). Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai. p. 1. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Shelar, Jyoti (15 September 2013). "New BMC hospitals to be specially designed to save docs from TB". Mumbai. Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "Departments". Cooper edical College. Retrieved 9 September 2020.
- "Protest after patient attacks nurse at Cooper". Mumbai Mirror. 16 April 2020.