|Birth name||José Fernando Cosculluela Suárez|
|Also known as||El Principe|
October 15, 1980 |
Palmas del Mar, Humacao, Puerto Rico
José Fernando Cosculluela Suárez (born October 15, 1980), also known artistically as Cosculluela, is a singer and songwriter from Puerto Rico.
Early life and education
Cosculluela was born on October 15, 1980, to a Cuban father and a Puerto Rican mother. Cosculluela was raised in the exclusive gated community of Palmas del Mar in Humacao on the East Coast of Puerto Rico. From a young age he became interested in tennis representing his high school Colegio Marista's tennis team in many tournaments. He also shared a passion for golf and surfing.
At 16 he began making underground mixtapes with his brother Jaime and a group of friends. After a couple of years recording underground, he was discovered in a studio in San Juan by Buddha, a well-known reggaeton producer. With the help of Buddha and other producers, Cosculluela was able to make his first appearance on Don Omar's Bandoleros, and later that year (2006) on Buddha's Family 2, with the hit song "Te Va A Ir Mal." After this, Cosculluela moved up in the ranks of Reggaeton, appearing on such CDs as Los Bandoleros: Reloaded, Invasion, Gargolas, Los Bravos, El Pentagono, El Pentagono Return, Los Brother, Talento de Barrio and many more. Cosculluela is known to many as "El Principe del Verso".
In 2009, Cosculluela released his first album, El Príncipe. The album was announced a year earlier and it was named one of his nicknames: El principe (The prince). It peaked at number three on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart and spawned the hit singles "Na Na Nau", "Prrrum", and "Plaka Plaka". It also reached number eight on the Billboard Rap Albums chart. A few tracks were left out of the final production. El Principe was one of the most successful reggaeton albums of the year, gathering praise from critics for its diversity of style and lyrical content.
El Principe: Ghost Edition
In 2010, Cosculluela released his second album called El Principe: Ghost Edition, this album was a review of his first album, but with 5 new tracks. These 5 tracks were Cuidau Au Au, Humo, Prrrum Remix Ft Nardo Ranks, Another Prrrum Remix but this time with Wisin & Yandel and the last track was De Noche y De Dia Ft Yandel.
See Cosculluela: El Niño.
This album comes with a lot of romantic, hip hop and reggaeton lyrics. Collaborations that have been announced so far are: Wisin & Yandel, Los Mafiaboyz. Two singles have been released so far, this are: "Blam Blam" and "Si Tú No Estás", which remix of this song will feature Puerto Rican artist Farruko, Colombian sensation "J-Balvin" and the duo Ñejo & Dalmata.
Cosculluela has collaborated with Daddy Yankee, Don Omar, Hector "El Father", Wisin & Yandel, Nicky Jam, Mexicano, Arcángel, De La Ghetto, Kendo Kaponi, Zion & Lennox, J Alvarez, Farruko, Ivy Queen, Ñejo & Dalmata, Pacho & Cirilo, Benny Benni, Pusho, Jowell & Randy, Ñengo Flow, Jenny "La Sexy Voz" and the singers Christians, Maso and Bima
- "No Hacen Na" (Remix) (featuring Hector "El Father", Yomo, Yaga & Mackie, Wisin, Nengo Flow, Tego Calderon, Voltio, Lito MC Cassidy, Polaco, Arcangel & De La Ghetto, Fat Man Scoop, Mario VI)
- "El Armageddon" (featuring Ñengo Flow, Syko "El Terror", Voltio, Lito MC Cassidy, Polaco, Eddie Dee, Vico C, Tego Calderon)
- "No Pidas Perdon"
- "Te Va Ir Mal" (featuring Ghetto)
- "La Calle Llora" (featuring Mexicano)
- "Dime Con Quien Andas"
- "Asi Es Mi Vida" (Remix) (featuring Syko, De La Ghetto, Yomo, Guelo Star)
- "One Blood"
- "Somos De Calle" (Remix) (featuring Daddy Yankee, De La Ghetto, Chyno Nyno, Guelo Star, MC Ceja, Arcángel, Voltio, Nejo, Baby Rasta)
- "Full Records R.I.P"
- "Tu Y Yo Solos" (featuring Aldo El Arquitecto)
- "Un Pesito" (Remix) (featuring Voltio)
- "Ella No Es Fácil" (featuring Farruko)
- "Click, Clack"
- "No Necesito" (Remix) (featuring Ñejo & Dalmata, DJ RAC ROLY)
- "Na Na Nau" (Remix) (featuring Jowell & Randy)
- "La Reunión De Los Vaqueros" (featuring Wisin & Yandel, De La Ghetto, Franco "El Gorila", Tego Calderón)
- "Permanent" (featuring Ivy Queen)
- "Permanent" (Remix) (featuring Ivy Queen, Chyno Nyno, Ñengo Flow, and Franco "El Gorila")
- "Dime Quien" (featuring Young Hollywood)
- "Cuidau Au Au" (Remix) (featuring Daddy Yankee, Alexis & Fido)
- "Blam Blam" (featuring Alexis & Fido) (Perreologia)
- "Pa' Que Te Quites La Ropa" (Remix) (featuring Yomo, J King & Maximan)
- "Latin Girl" (Chosen Few) (featuring Omega "El Fuerte", Jenny)
- "Cuando Cae La Noche" (featuring Franco "El Gorila")
- "Latin Girl Remix" (Chosen Few) (featuring Omega "El Fuerte", Jenny, Jowell & Randy, De La Ghetto)
- "Bien Dura" (featuring Ian "The Kid Capo", Yomo)
- "Dinero Y Fama" (featuring Franco "El Gorila")
- "Bye Bye" (featuring Jey y El Punto featuring Jowel y Randy)
- "El Juego" (featuring Dyland & Lenny)
- "A Dem"
- "Titerito" (Remix) (featuring Farruko and Ñengo Flow)
- "Si Te Me Pegas" (featuring John Jay)
- "A Tu Gata Le Gusta" (featuring Jolhe and Vistol)
- "Viviendo FreeStyle" (featuring O´Neill)
- "En La Lenta (featuring Farruko)
- "Yo Te Amé"
- "Solo Verte"
- "La Nueve Y La Fory"
- "Con Calma" (featuring Elio 'MafiaBoy')
- "Solo Verte" (Remix) (featuring Wisin and Divino)
- "Los Mejores Del Mundo" (Capítulo 1) (featuring Kendo Kaponi)
- "Trankilo Sin Vender Kilo"
- "La Liga Enterre" (featuring Kendo Kaponi, El Sica)
- "Tírale" (featuring O'Neill and Franco "El Gorila")
- "Mátalos" (Capítulo 3) (featuring Kendo Kaponi)
- "Peligro" (Capítulo 4) (featuring Kendo Kaponi)
- "Santa Cos" (RIP Tempo-Asesinato a Tempo)
- "Presión" (featuring Wisin)
- "Sistema" (Remix) (featuring Wisin, Jory, Tito El Bambino, Eddie Avila)
- "Voy A Beber" (Remix 2) (featuring Nicky Jam, Ñejo, Farruko)
- "Payaso" (featuring Mysta El Propio)
- "Mutaciones En Mute" (RIP Genio Y Baby Johhny) (featuring El Sica)
- "Pa' la Pared" (featuring Jowell & Randy)
- "Jingle El Coyote The Show" (2014)
- "Tic Toc" (RIP Tempo)
- "Cansa'o de lo Mismo" (featuring El Sica)
- "Humilde Pero Cotizao'" (featuring O'Neil)
- "Si Mañana Muero" (featuring Pacho & Cirilo)
- "Flow De Criminales" (featuring Yomo)
- "Se Tienen Que Retirar"
- "Provando Voces"
- "No Hay Adversario"
- "Lary Lary"
- "Guitarra Mia"
- "Guerras Callejeras"
- "Fugitiva" (featuring Plan B and J-Quiles)
- "Ellos Quieren"
- "Potencias Liricales" (featuring Lirikal Jav)
- "Masta Flow" (featuring Lirikal Jav)
- "Entre El Bien Y El Mal" (featuring Hector "El Father")
- "Contra Mi"
- "Asalto" (featuring Lirikal Jav)
- "Camina Derecho"
- "Bam Pa' Ti" (featuring Ñengo Flow and Mexicano 777)
- "El Combo Me Llama" (featuring Benny Benni "La Jodienda", Pusho, D-OZI, El Sica, Farruko, Daddy Yankee)
- "Probando" (featuring Daddy Yankee)
- "Gatilleros" (featuring Tito el Bambino)
- "El Que Tenga Miedo Que Se Quite" (featuring Pacho & Cirilo)
- "Lento" (featuring Jayma & Dalex)
- "Bum Bum" (Remix) (featuring Franco "El Gorila" and Farruko)
- "Las Mujeres"
- "La Calle lo Pidió" (Remix) (featuring Tito el Bambino, Wisin, Nicky Jam, J Alvarez and Zion)
- "El Que Tenga Miedo que se Quite" (Remix) (featuring Pacho & Cirilo, Juanka "El Problematik", Kendo Kaponi)
- "Lento" (Remix) (featuring Jayma & Dalex, Jory Boy, Kendo Kaponi)
- "Papa Caliente"
- "La Película" (featuring J Alvarez)
- "Suelten Pistolas" (featuring Tony Lenta, Jowell & Randy)
- "Arca VS Coscu" (featuring Arcangel)
- "Vivimos Facturando" (featuring Zion & Lennox)
- "La Calle Me Hizo" (featuring Benny Benni "La Jodienda", Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam, Baby Rasta, J Álvarez, Farruko and Gotay "El Autentiko")
- "La Conversación" (featuring Kendo Kaponi, Beltito Esta En El Beat)
- "Chavos Pal Banco" (featuring Arcangel)
- "Baby Boo"
- "Simon Dice"
- "Te Busco" (featuring Nicky Jam)
- "Baby Boo" (Remix) (featuring Arcangel, Wisin and Daddy Yankee)
- "Gatilleros" (Remix) (featuring Tito el Bambino, Arcangel, Tempo, Ñengo Flow, Farruko, Kendo Kaponi, Alexio "La Bestia", Pusho, El Sica, Almighty, Benny Benni "La Jodienda", Juanka "El Problematik", Genio)