Cosima von Bülow Pavoncelli
Cosima von Bülow Pavoncelli
Cosima von Bülow
15 April 1967
Count Riccardo Pavoncelli
Antonia Carolina Pavoncelli
|Parent(s)||Claus von Bülow|
Martha Sharp "Sunny" Crawford
Countess Cosima von Bülow Pavoncelli (born 15 April 1967) is a British socialite and philanthropist of American, Danish and German ancestry and daughter of the lawyer Claus von Bülow and Sunny von Bülow. She was named on the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame in 1999.
Cosima von Bülow was born 15 April 1967 in New York City, where she attended the Chapin School. She then attended Brown University. She is third child of Sunny von Bülow and the only child of Claus von Bülow. Her great grandfather was Frits Toxwerdt von Bülow af Plüskow (1872–1955), a Danish minister of justice.
She has two half-siblings from her mother's first marriage; Princess Annie-Laurie "Ala" Henriette von Auersperg (born 1958) and Prince Alexander-Georg von Auersperg (born 1959). After her graduation from Brown University in 1989, she moved to London to join her father.
In 1996, she married Count Riccardo Pavoncelli (born 8 October 1957 in Naples), an Italian banker. He is the son of Giuseppe Pavoncelli (1929–2010) and Rosalba Morelli (b. 1935) He is related to Giuseppe Pavoncelli[it] (1836–1910). The couple have three children:
- Nicolas Antonio Riccardo Pavoncelli (b. 10 August 1998)
- Marina Gaetana Pavoncelli (b. 20 June 2000)
- Antonia Carolina Pavoncelli (b. 23 November 2005)
She donates money to education programmes, cultural institutions and cancer charities in Britain and administers a fund at New York City's Morgan Library & Museum that buys drawings in her mother's name, the Sunny Crawford von Bülow Fund.
In popular culture
The 1990 film Reversal of Fortune was based on Alan Dershowitz' books about the case against Claus von Bulow for the alleged murder attempt on his wife, Sunny, with Kristi Hundt as the older Cosima von Bülow and Kara Emerson as the young Cosima von Bülow.
|Ancestors of Cosima von Bülow Pavoncelli|
- "World's Best Dressed Women". The International Hall of Fame: Women. 1999. Archived from the original on 12 July 2013. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- Ultimate Style – The Best of the Best Dressed List. 2004. p. 161. ISBN 2 84323 513 8.
- "Skeel-Holbek, Schaffalitzky de Muckadell Stamtavler over danske adelsslægter – Cosima Borberg von Bülow". Archived from the original on 26 May 2013. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- "Notorious Still – The Headline-Making Von Bulow Case Started 20 Years Ago. Where Are the Players Now?". Archive. 11 December 2000. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- The Peerage – Person Page – 14794 – Count Riccardo Pavoncelli
- "Lazard's Pavoncelli starts own advisory and investment firm". Investment Banking. Financial News. 11 May 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Genealogy". The Family Home Page. Francesco Federico Pavoncelli. 2002–2012. Archived from the original on 8 September 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Telegraph announcements". The Telegraph. 2005. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- "Von Bülow Fund Yields Beautiful Nobodies". The New York Observer. 9 April 2007. Retrieved 16 July 2012.