Cosima von Bülow Pavoncelli
|Cosima von Bülow|
|Born||Cosima von Bülow
April 15, 1967
New York City
|Spouse(s)||Count Riccardo Pavoncelli
Antonia Carolina Pavoncelli
|Parent(s)||Claus von Bülow
Martha "Sunny" Sharp Crawford
Countess Cosima von Bülow Pavoncelli (born 15 April 1967) is a British socialite and philanthropist of American, Danish and German ancestry and daughter of the lawyer Claus von Bülow and Sunny von Bülow. She was named on the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame in 1999.
Cosima von Bülow was born 15 April 1967 in New York City,  where she attended the Chapin School.  She then attended Brown University. She is third child of Sunny von Bülow and the only child of Claus von Bülow. Her great grandfather was Frits Toxwerdt von Bülow af Plüskow (1872–1955), a Danish minister of justice.
She has two siblings from her mother's first marriage; Princess Annie-Laurie "Ala" Henriette von Auersperg (born 1958) and Prince Alexander-Georg von Auersperg (born 1959). After her graduation from Brown University in 1989, she moved to London to join her father.
In 1996, she married Count Riccardo Pavoncelli (born 8 October 1957 in Naples), an Italian banker. He is the son of Giuseppe Pavoncelli (1929–2010) and Rosalba Morelli (b. 1935) He is related to Giuseppe Pavoncelli (1836–1910). The couple has three children:
- Nicolas Antonio Riccardo Pavoncelli (b. 10 August 1998)
- Marina Gaetana Pavoncelli (b. 20 June 2000)
- Antonia Carolina Pavoncelli (b. 23 November 2005)
She donates money to education programs, cultural institutions and cancer charities in Britain and administers a fund at New York City's Pierpont Morgan Library that buys drawings in her mother's name, the Sunny Crawford von Bülow Fund.
In popular culture
The 1990 film Reversal of Fortune was based on Alan Dershowitz' books about the case against Claus von Bulow for the alleged murder attempt on his wife, Sunny, with Kristi Hundt as the older Cosima von Bülow and Kara Emerson as the young Cosima von Bülow.
|Ancestors of Cosima von Bülow Pavoncelli|
- VF Staff (1999). "World's Best Dressed Women". The International Hall of Fame: Women. Vanity Fair. Archived from the original on July 12, 2013. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Ultimate Style – The Best of the Best Dressed List. 2004. p. 161. ISBN 2 84323 513 8.
- Skeel-Holbek, Schaffalitzky de Muckadell Stamtavler over danske adelsslægter – Cosima Borberg von Bülow
- "Notorious Still – The Headline-Making Von Bulow Case Started 20 Years Ago. Where Are the Players Now?". Archive. People. December 11, 2000. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- The Peerage – Person Page – 14794 – Count Riccardo Pavoncelli
- "Lazard's Pavoncelli starts own advisory and investment firm". Investment Banking. Financial News. 11 May 2010. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "Genealogy". The Family Home Page. Francesco Federico Pavoncelli. 2002–2012. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "Telegraph announcements". Announcements Home > Births > PAVONCELLI. The Telegraph. 2005. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "Von Bülow Fund Yields Beautiful Nobodies". observer.com. The New York Observer. 9 April 2007. Retrieved July 16, 2012.