Cottingham High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Scott RatheramDeputy Heads: Mr G Barber and Miss K Jordan
East Riding of Yorkshire
|DfE URN||136921 Tables|
Cottingham High School is a large secondary school, situated in Cottingham in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. The school has been awarded specialist Arts College status, and has modern facilities for media arts, music, drama and dance for Performing Arts subjects. In July 2011 the school became an Academy.
Cottingham High School was originally named Cottingham Secondary School and was established in 1955 as a Secondary Modern school. The school site is located on what was formerly Cottingham Grange, built in 1802. Part of the land which belonged to Cottingham Grange is now part of 'The Lawns', owned by the University of Hull for Student Halls of Residence.
Due to the increased numbers of pupils attending the school, the original building was no longer large enough, and by September 1975 a new Science and Technical block was completed together with a second gymnasium and new sports hall. In 1978 a new Humanities and Modern Languages block and a Sixth Form block was completed. In 2000 a new Drama and Music block was built, and a Business Studies block was completed in 2003.
Since September 2004 Cottingham High School has had Specialist in Media and Performing Arts status, providing pupils with extra equipment and facilities, including a recording studio, film editing suite and ICT facilities.
- Stuart Pearson - professional footballer, England international and retired Football coach
- Ben Pipes - London 2012 Team GB Men's Volleyball Team Captain.
- Christopher Bucktin - journalist
- Dave Stead - drummer with UK band the Beautiful South
- Will Rhodes- England U19 Cricket Team Captain.
- "Sixth Form set to change". Cottingham High School. 2009. Retrieved 15 May 2010.
- Cottingham High School and Sixth Form College (academy converter) (URN: 136921, DfE No.: 8114058), Ofsted[not in citation given]
- "Investigation starts as school confirms Cottingham High headteacher is suspended". This is Hull and East Riding. 19 March 2012. Retrieved 13 May 2012.
- "Suspended head quits: Elizabeth Logan leaves Cottingham High days before new term". This is Hull and East Riding. 1 September 2012. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- "Reading inspired by Pipes story". This is Hull and East Riding. 20 February 2010. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- "Will Rhodes | England Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo". espncricinfo.com. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
|This Yorkshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|