Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District
The Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District No. 6 (COCSD) is a school district in Arizona, United States, headquartered in Cottonwood. The district serves areas in Yavapai County, including Cottonwood and Cornville.
In 1877 the district's first school opened in Upper Verde. In 1878 Yavapai County School DIstrict #6, the first school in the Verde Valley, opened in 1878. In 1890 the Jerome School District #9 opened. In 1896 the Oak Creek District #16 in Cornville opened. In 1917 Clemenceau (bungalow) School opened. In 1917 Jerome High School opened. Clemenceau Public School opened. In 1954 Sedona residents within Yavapai County officially joined the COCSD school district. In 1960 Mingus Union High School opened.
- Cottonwood Middle School (Cottonwood)
- Dr. Daniel Bright Elementary School (Cottonwood)
- Cottonwood Elementary School (Cottonwood)
- Oak Creek Elementary School (Cornville)
- Mountain View Preparatory School (MVP) - Special school (Cottonwood)
|This Arizona school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|