(Redirected from Counters)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up counter in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Counter may refer to:
- Compter, a small jail
- Part of a ship's stern above the waterline that extends beyond the rudder stock (see nautical terms)
- The Counter, a global hamburger restaurant chain
- Counter (furniture), a type of table which things are served upon. Usually used in bars, or eating establishments.
- Project COUNTER, an international standard for reporting usage statistics of electronic resources.
Mathematics and computing
- Counter (digital), an electronic device, mechanical device, or computer program for counting
- Jeton, a reckoning counter used on reckoning boards for calculations
- Mechanical counter
- Tally counter, mechanical counting device
- Web counter, a counter that counts the number of visits to a web page
Games and sport
- Counter (board wargames), a playing piece used in board wargames
- Counter run, an offensive play in American football
- Counter turn, an element in figure skating
- Counter (collectible card games), a small item used to represent certain objects or conditions in a collectible card game
- Jones Counter, measures distance bicycles travel
Linguistics and typography
- Counter (typography), an enclosed space in a letter-form
- Measure word, in grammar and linguistics
- Japanese counter, in the Japanese language, a word used with numbers to count objects
- Nick Counter (1940–2009), American film and television executive
- S. Allen Counter (1944–2017), American neuroscientist, polar explorer, and university administrator
- All pages beginning with counter
- All pages with a title containing counter
- Opposition (politics)
- Count (disambiguation)
- Counterflow (disambiguation)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Counter.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.