Type of site
|Internet Study Community|
|Alexa rank||502,700 (April 2014[update])|
Cramster (now Chegg Study) provides online homework and textbook help for college and high school students in areas such as math, science, engineering, humanities, business, and writing help. Cramster uses a freemium model, allowing students to pay for or earn access to premium services. Founded in 2002 by Aaron Hawkey, Robert Angarita and Kavé Golabi, the company is headquartered in Pasadena, CA.
Cramster secured $3 million in Series A funding in 2008 and $6 million in Series B funding in 2010 led by Shai Reshef, who was then appointed company Chairman. Cramster had 100,000 active users in November 2008. In 2010, Cramster was acquired by Chegg, a provider of textbooks for the college market. 
In April 2012, Chegg, the parent company, consolidated its Cramster operations to Chegg.com
- "Cramster.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Toman, Will 2008-05-30. "Web site offers online help" The Lantern. Retrieved on 2009-01-20.
- "About Cramster", About Cramster. Cramster, Inc. Retrieved on 2009-01-20.
- "Interview with Cramster" SoCal Tech News (2008-10-08). Retrieved on 2009-01-20.
- "Website Helps Students Master Math and Science", Technology news. K-12 High Speed Network (2008-11-12). Retrieved on 2009-01-19.
- "Q&A Board", Q&A Board: Your 24/7 Study Community. Cramster, Inc. Retrieved on 2009-01-18.
- "", Lessons Learned: The founders of online study site Cramster added more college subjects to reach a wider user base.
- Nicole, Kristen (2008-09-25). "Online homework helper", Venture Beat. Retrieved on 2009-01-20.
- Reisinger, Don (2008-09-25). "Cramster Raises $3 Million" TechCrunch. Retrieved on 2009-01-19.
- Smith, Kevin (2008-11-13). "Cramster Inc. offers online study community" 'Economic Alert'. Retrieved on 2009-01-18.
- Swisher, Kara (2010-08-12). "Chegg Buys Cramster" All Things D Retrieved on 2011-09-22.
- Peterson, Brittany (2008-07-17). "The 9 Best Facebook Apps" PC Magazine. Retrieved on 2009-01-18.
- "Courses 2.0 Application" App Data Retrieved on 2009-01-20.