Crazy Kind of Love
|Crazy Kind of Love|
Theatrical released poster
|Directed by||Sarah Siegel-Magness|
|Screenplay by||Karen McCullah Lutz|
|Based on||Angel Angel
by April Stevens
|Music by||Mario Grigorov|
|Edited by||Dana Congdon|
Smokewood Entertainment Group
|Distributed by||Phase 4 Films|
Crazy Kind of Love (aka Long Time Gone) is an American romantic comedy-drama film directed by Sarah Siegel-Magness. The film is based on 1995 novel Angel Angel by April Stevens. The film stars include Amanda Crew, Zach Gilford, Aly Michalka, Graham Rogers, Eva Longoria and Virginia Madsen replacing Meg Ryan late in June 2011. The film was released on May 31, 2013.
|This article needs a plot summary. Please add one. (December 2014)|
Depressed after getting dumped by her husband, a mother re-evaluates her life by way of observing her two sons as they come of age.
- Virginia Madsen as Augusta Iris
- Graham Rogers as Henry Iris
- Amanda Crew as Bette Mack
- Zach Gilford as Matthew Iris
- Sam Trammell as Jeff Lucas
- Madeline Zima as Annie Miller
- Kristoffer Ryan Winters as Dave
- Anthony LaPaglia as Gordie
- Aly Michalka as Janine Bosh
- Lin Shaye as Denise Mack
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Doris
- Eva Longoria as Marion Wiener
- Bobbi Sue Luther as Bartender
- Christopher Atkins as Mr. Jeffries
- Camryn as Ruby
Production and casting
Sarah Siegel-Magness had been hired to direct the film adaptation, Meg Ryan was the first actress who attached to play Augusta, the central character of the story. Karen McCullah wrote the screenplay after optioning the book. On June 16, 2011, Variety reported that newcomer Graham Rogers joined the adaptation playing a teen son. Seth Jaret, Bobbi Sue Luther and Gary Magness produced the film. True Blood actor Sam Trammell also joined the cast. In early July 2011, Madeline Zima, Eva Longoria, Zach Gilford and Aly Michalka signed and secured their respective roles.
- "Virginia Madsen joins "Long Time Gone" - Content Engine". Contentengine.tv. September 26, 2011. Retrieved May 29, 2015.
- McNary, Dave (August 24, 2011). "Graham Rogers plans for 'Long Time Gone'". Variety. Retrieved May 29, 2015.
- Bettinger, Brendan (September 26, 2011). "Sam Trammell Joins LONG TIME GONE". Collider. Retrieved May 29, 2015.
- "Aly Michalka In “Long Time Gone”". Disney Dreaming. September 12, 2011. Retrieved May 29, 2015.
- Helios Productions website
- Crazy Kind of Love at the Internet Movie Database
- Crazy Kind of Love at AllMovie
- Crazy Kind of Love at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a 2010s comedy–drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|