Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Studio album by|
|Released||19 November 1993|
|Recorded||Garrison Theatre, Lerwick, Shetland|
|Producer||Bongshang & Stevie Hook|
- "Le Introducement" - 1:02
- "Things to Come" - 3:59
- "The Floggin' Set" - 2:04
- "If & When" - 5:01
- "Lee Highway Blues" - 2:41
- "Phosphene/Tamlin" - 6:48
- "The Hangman's Reel" - 1:58
- "Dig a Hole" - 4:55
- "Scotland/Frosty Morning" - 3:34
- "A.K.A. Crude" - 4:35
- "Wedding Row" - 5:54
- "Reprise" - 2:05
- JJ Jamieson - banjo, vocals, lawnmower
- Bryan Peterson - bass guitar, double bass
- Leonard Scollay - fiddle
- Neil Preshaw - electric guitar, acoustic guitar
- Christopher 'Kipper' Anderson - drums, percussion
|“||I first had the pleasure of meeting Bongshang at a concert in Lerwick in September 1993. Although it took me a long time to say their name, it only took me a few seconds to become a fan of their music. Their individual styles combine to make a new and innovative sound, blending traditional and contemporary elements from several world sources, and pinning it all together, the one thing synonymous with the Shetland Islands - talent.
It won't take you long to learn their name, you'll be hearing a lot of it.
|— Phil Cunningham (MBE)|
- This was the first CD to be produced in Shetland and sold out in four days
- Crude was recorded in the Garrison Theatre, Lerwick, by sound engineer Stevie Hook and Bongshang members
- The album was originally released on CD and cassette on Bongshang's own label "Doovf Records". It was later re-released and distributed internationally by the "Iona" record label.
- The song 'Dig a Hole' features lyrics by Harry Horse of Swamptrash
- "Crude". Folk Roots (129). 1994-03-01.
- "Crude". The List. 1995-01-01.
- "Crude". Dirty Linen. 1995-08-01.
- "Crude". Folk Roots (153). 1996-03-01.
- "Crude". Mojo (29): 97–8. 1996-04-01.
- "The Official Bongshang Homepage". Members.fortunecity.com. Archived from the original on 2012-03-11. Retrieved 2012-02-11.