This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre||Jazz, jazz rock, progressive rock|
|Country of origin||U.S.|
|Location||Silver Spring, Maryland|
Founded in 1984, the label releases an mixture of musical styles, all with a Rock in Opposition esthetic, including progressive jazz, jazz fusion, the Canterbury scene, and electronic music. Cuneiform has introduced many notable acts but also documents older bands who fit the profile, including its release of the Heldon catalog and several archival Soft Machine recordings. The label operates with a mail-order retailer, Wayside Music.
- "Wadada Leo Smith, Mary Halvorson Among Winners in DownBeat Critics Poll". DownBeat. 26 June 2017. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- Gomes, Gary (April 2018). "Perfect Sound Forever: Cuneiform, Steve Feigenbaum". www.furious.com. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- Humphries, Stephen (16 June 2016). "Everything you need to know about Cuneiform Records". Prog Magazine. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- Luckert, Samantha (6 July 2017). "Cuneiform Records produces 33 years of music - Takoma Voice". takomavoice.com. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- Thompson, Dave (5 May 2016). "Cuneiform Records - Thirty-plus Years of Essential Listening". Goldmine. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Cuneiform Records Takes 2018 Hiatus". DownBeat. 5 January 2018. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "On Hiatus". DownBeat. March 2018. p. 14.
- Warren, Will (5 February 2018). "Cuneiform Records Takes a Break". Washington City Paper. Retrieved 7 June 2018.