Düsseldorf Wehrhahn station
|Location||Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia
Düsseldorf Wehrhahn station is located about one kilometre north of Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof in central Düsseldorf in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is on the Cologne–Duisburg line and is classified by Deutsche Bahn as a category 4 station.
Düsseldorf Wehrhahn is also a stop for several bus routes. It is also stop of the new Wehrhahn-line which consists four Stadtbahn lines.
The station is centrally located between the districts of Düsseldorf-Stadtmitte, Düsseldorf-Flingern and Düsseldorf-Düsseltal. The station is located below a road bridge, over which buses and Stadtbahn cross the station area and which is also the beginning of Grafenberger Allee.
Currently the station is served by three lines of the Rhine-Ruhr S-Bahn, S 1, S 6 and S 11. Six tram lines and seven bus routes stop at Düsseldorf Wehrhahn stop above the station and at Birkenstraße and Elisabethkirche stops, which are located on the exit to Ackerstraße in Flingern-Nord district.
The Düsseldorf Stadtbahn has a tunnel from Düsseldorf-Bilk station to Düsseldorf-Wehrhahn station, known as the Wehrhahn line (German: Wehrhahn-Linie). This 3.5 km tunnel was completed in 2016. Just as every other underground line opened previously in Düsseldorf, the Wehrhahn line is a replacement for current surface tram lines. The trams on this line are entering the new tunnel over a ramp at Bilk station and run from there underneath the city centre towards the north-east, where they are emerging shortly before Wehrhahn railway station. Five new underground stations and the station Heinrich-Heine-Allee are part of the line, which serve an estimated daily passenger volume of approximately 53,000. These new stations are Pempelforter Straße, Schadowstraße, the existing station Heinrich-Heine-Allee, Benrather Straße, Graf-Adolf-Platz and Kirchplatz (Düsseldorf) in the direction from Wehrhahn station to Bilk station.
- "Stationspreisliste 2017" [Station price list 2017] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 18 November 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Düsseldorf Wehrhahn operations". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- Landeshauptstadt Düsseldorf: Nahverkehrsplan 2002–2007 (in German). Düsseldorf: Amt für Verkehrsmanagement. 2003. p. 59.
- "Düsseldorf Wehrhahn station". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Bahnhof Wehrhahn S" (in German). City of Düsseldorf. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- Amt für Verkehrsmanagement - Landeshauptstadt Düsseldorf (2003). Nahverkehrsplan 2002–2007 (in German). Düsseldorf: Landeshauptstadt Düsseldorf.
- Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Ruhr (1999). Argumente für den ÖPNV (in German). 9, Zielnetz 2015. VRR GmbH.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Düsseldorf Wehrhahn station.|