|Industry||Technology, Information Security|
|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
Chairman and CEO
President and COO
DB Networks is a privately held Information Security company founded in the United States. The company provides enterprise database security equipment, software, and service. The company’s headquarters are in San Diego, California, and regional offices are located in Palo Alto, California and Seattle, Washington.
DB Networks was founded in United States in 2009 to provide database security including database infrastructure assessment, compromised credential identification, and SQL injection defense, predominantly to the financial services industry and federal government. The company was initially financed by Angel investors. In 2012 the company raised $4.5M in venture capital from Khosla Ventures. In 2014 the company closed a $17 Million round of funding led by Khosla Ventures and Grotech Ventures.
The company's first product, the ADF-4200, was launched in February 2013. Also in February 2013 the company announced a partnership with Alamo City Engineering Services (ACES) to offer its products to the US Military and civilian federal agencies. In October 2013 the company announced the IDS-6300, later renamed DBN-6300, originally as a SQL injection defense and database infrastructure security product.
In 2013 DB Networks was invited to join the Cync cybersecurity technology program under the direction of Northrop Grumman and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Research Park Corporation. The Cync program identifies innovative technologies to combat cybersecurity threats.
In 2014 AMP Tech Solutions was announced as a channel partner to offer DB Network products through the NASA Solutions for Enterprise-Wide Procurement (SEWP) IV contract to the United States federal agencies.
In 2015 DB Networks was awarded two United States patents for their database security technologies.
DB Networks began licensing their database security software and technologies to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in February 2016 coinciding with the launch of their Layer 7 Database Sensor. Partnerships have been announced with FireEye, Cyphort, and Security On-Demand.
DB Networks database security technology is based on machine learning and behavioral analysis as opposed to the traditional information security approach requiring human generated blacklists or whitelists. The machine learning and behavioral analysis platform learns each applications' proper SQL transaction behavior. Compromised credentials and rogue SQL statements, such as a SQL injection attack, will deviate from the established model and will raise an alarm as a database attack. Machine learning and behavioral analysis technologies have the ability to prevent advanced and zero-day database attacks without prior threat intelligence or the need to establish and maintain signature files of known attack strings.
DB Networks DBN-6300 was announced in October 2013 (originally referred to as the IDS-6300). The DBN-6300 is a 2U purpose-built database security appliance. It uses machine learning and behavioral analysis to identify database attacks in real-time. A virtual appliance version of the DBN-6300 was launched in February 2014, now referred to as the DBN-6300v.
The Layer 7 Database Sensor was launched in February 2016. The Layer 7 Database Sensor enables other information security product manufactures to integrate DB Networks database security technology into their products.
In March 2016 "insider threat" protection capabilities were added to the DBN-6300 and Layer 7 Database Sensor products.
- Best Data Center Security Solution for 2016 - Cyber Defense Magazine
- Grand Trophy - Info Security Awards
- Top-30 Cybersecurity Providers in Silicon Valley
- Ranked 47 in the Cybersecurity 500
- The Best Data Center Security Product for 2015 - Cyber Defense Magazine
- Grand Trophy - Info Security Awards
- Top 100 Cyber Security Companies
- CIO Review's 20 Most Promising Enterprise Security Companies
- "Grand Global Excellence" Trophy for the Best of the Best in Security Technology - Info Security's Global Excellence Awards
- Most Innovative Intrusion Detection System for 2014 - Cyber Defense Magazine
- Finalist for SC Magazine 2014 Best Database Security Solution
- Finalist for SC Magazine 2013 Best Database Security Solution
- 2013 Info Security's Global Excellence Awards
- Gold winner - Database Security
- Gold winner - Firewalls
- Gold winner - New Product Launch
- Network World - Three best practices for reducing the risk of SQL injection attacks
- Official website
- "Crunchbase - DB Networks". Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Bloomberg Businessweek - DB Networks, Inc.". Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Khosla Ventures Leads $4.5 Million in Funding for DB Networks". Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "DB Networks Raises $4.5M From Khosla Ventures For Database Security To Protect Against Malware". Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "Database Security Firm DB Networks Raises $17 Million". 2014-12-09. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "What’s basically wrong with the approach most security solution providers are taking". Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "DB Networks Partners with ACES to Deliver Adaptive Database Firewall". Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "DB Networks Looks to Detect SQL Injection With New Appliance". 2014-10-24. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "UPI - Cyber-tech effort adds more companies". Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "Interview with Steven Hunt". 2016-02-17. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "DB Networks Unveils Layer 7 Database Security for OEMs". 2016-08-07. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Cyber Security Coalition (CSC)". Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "DB Networks partners with Cyphort and Security On-Demand". 2016-02-26. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "DB Networks Appliance Applies Machine Learning to Thwart Hackers". 2015-08-07. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "DB Networks Brings Intelligence to SQL Injection Protection". 2014-01-27. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Using Behavioral Modeling and Customized Normalcy Profiles as Protection against Targeted Cyber-Attacks". Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "DB Networks' new core IDS aims to stop SQL injection attacks". 2013-11-06. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Behavioural analysis based intruder detection". 2014-03-05. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- . 2016-02-16 https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2016/03/21/insider-threat-protection-db-networks-dbn-6300/. Retrieved 2016-03-31. Missing or empty
- http://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/2016-cdm-infosec-award-winners. Retrieved 2016-03-31. Missing or empty
- . 2016-02-29 http://www.infosecurityproductsguide.com/world/. Retrieved 2016-03-31. Missing or empty
- . 2016-03-15 http://www.bowsprit.international/feed-items/top-30-cybersecurity-providers-in-silicon-valley/. Retrieved 2016-03-31. Missing or empty
- "Cybersecurity 500". Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "Cyber Defense Magazine Awards". Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- . 2015-04-22 http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/db-networks-named-grand-winner-and-receives-multiple-global-excellence-awards-at-rsa-conference-300070381.html. Retrieved 2016-03-31. Missing or empty
- "Top 100 Cyber Security Companies". Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "20 Most Promising Enterprise Security Companies". Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Winners of the 10th Annual Info Security's 2014 Global Excellence Awards". Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Cyber Defense Magazine Awards". Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "2014 SC Awards US Finalists". Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "2013 SC Awards US Finalists". Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "Winners of the 9th Annual Info Security's 2013 Global Excellence Awards". Retrieved 2013-03-16.