|Industry||Technology, Information Security|
|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
Chairman and CEO
President and COO
|Products||Database Security Appliances|
DB Networks is a privately held Information Security company founded in the United States. The company provides enterprise database security equipment, software, and service. The company’s headquarters are in San Diego, California, and regional offices are located in Palo Alto, California and Seattle, Washington.
DB Networks was founded in United States in 2009 to provide database security including SQL injection defense products, predominantly to the financial services industry. The company was initially financed by Angel investors. In 2012 the company raised $4.5M in venture capital from Khosla Ventures. The companies first product, the ADF-4200 database firewall, was launched in February 2013. Also in February 2013 the company announced a partnership with Alamo City Engineering Services (ACES) to offer its products to the US Military and civilian federal agencies. In October 2013 the company announced the IDS-6300 core IDS as a SQL injection defense product.
In 2013 DB Networks was invited to join the Cync cybersecurity technology program under the direction of Northrop Grumman and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Research Park Corporation. The Cync program identifies innovative technologies to combat cybersecurity threats.
In 2014 AMP Tech Solutions was announced as a channel partner to offer DB Network products through the NASA Solutions for Enterprise-Wide Procurement (SEWP) IV contract to the United States federal agencies.
DB Networks database security technology is based on SQL transaction behavioral modeling, as opposed to the traditional techniques utilizing blacklists or whitelists. The behavioral analysis platform learns each applications proper SQL transaction behavior. Rogue SQL statements, such as a SQL injection attack, will deviate from the established model and will raise an alarm as a database attack. Behavioral modeling technology has the ability to prevent advanced and zero day SQL injection attacks without the need to establish and maintain signature files of attack strings.
DB Networks ADF-4200 database firewall was announced in February 2013 and the IDS-6300 core IDS was announced in October 2013. The IDS-6300 is a 2U purpose-built database security appliance. It uses behavioral analysis to identify SQL injection attacks in real-time.
- CIO Review's 20 Most Promising Enterprise Security Companies
- "Grand Global Excellence" Trophy for the Best of the Best in Security Technology - Info Security's Global Excellence Awards
- Most Innovative Intrusion Detection System for 2014 - Cyber Defense Magazine
- Finalist for SC Magazine 2014 Best Database Security Solution
- Finalist for SC Magazine 2013 Best Database Security Solution
- 2013 Info Security's Global Excellence Awards
- Gold winner - Database Security
- Gold winner - Firewalls
- Gold winner - New Product Launch
- "Crunchbase - DB Networks". Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Bloomberg Businessweek - DB Networks, Inc.". Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Khosla Ventures Leads $4.5 Million in Funding for DB Networks". Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "DB Networks Raises $4.5M From Khosla Ventures For Database Security To Protect Against Malware". Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "What’s basically wrong with the approach most security solution providers are taking". Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "DB Networks Partners with ACES to Deliver Adaptive Database Firewall". Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "DB Networks Looks to Detect SQL Injection With New Appliance". 2014-10-24. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "UPI - Cyber-tech effort adds more companies". Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "DB Networks Brings Intelligence to SQL Injection Protection". 2014-01-27. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Using Behavioral Modeling and Customized Normalcy Profiles as Protection against Targeted Cyber-Attacks". Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "DB Networks' new core IDS aims to stop SQL injection attacks". 2013-11-06. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Behavioural analysis based intruder detection". 2014-03-05. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "20 Most Promising Enterprise Security Companies". Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Winners of the 10th Annual Info Security's 2014 Global Excellence Awards". Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Cyber Defense Magazine Awards". Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "2014 SC Awards US Finalists". Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "2013 SC Awards US Finalists". Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "Winners of the 9th Annual Info Security's 2013 Global Excellence Awards". Retrieved 2013-03-16.