|Birth name||Brandon Glova|
September 4, 1980 |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
|Genres||Club, Electro, EDM, Hip hop, House, Trap, Turntablism|
|Occupation(s)||Disc jockey, Producer, Remixer|
|Labels||Taylor Gang Records|
|Associated acts||Mac Miller, Wiz Khalifa|
Brandon Glova (born September 4, 1980), better known by his stage name DJ Bonics, is a hip hop DJ for Wiz Khalifa and part-time radio DJ at 96.1 Kiss FM in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Wired 96.5 FM in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
DJ Bonics worked for seven years as the mixer and afternoon drive DJ for WKST-FM, a Kiss-FM station in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. After leaving WKST-FM in 2010, he became the official DJ for Wiz Khalifa. He has also done solo shows.
DJ Bonics is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, where he was a member of Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity. In December 2010, a few days after returning from his first tour with Wiz Khalifa, DJ Bonics had a heart attack caused by a blocked artery. He underwent surgery, quickly recovered, and began performing with Wiz Khalifa again within a week. After the incident, he participated in a benefit to benefit the American Heart Association in Pittsburgh. In addition, he formed the Bonics Heartbeats Foundation to promote healthy living.
- Mulkerin, Andy (23 December 2010). "30-year-old DJ Bonics is using his heart attack to raise heart-health awareness". Pittsburgh CityPaper. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Thrasher, J.D. (16 January 2012). "My Name is DJ Bonics...2012 is my year". JENESIS Magazine. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Barley, Nicole (17 September 2010). "Free Style". Whirl Magazine. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Mervis, Scott (3 July 2012). "Despite heart trouble DJ Bonics has barely missed a beat". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Official website
- DJ Bonics on Facebook
- DJ Bonics on Twitter
- DJ Bonics on Google+
- DJ Bonics on SoundCloud
- on 's channelYouTube
- DJ Bonics discography at Discogs
|This biographical article related to hip hop music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|