DMS Pondicherry University
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
DMS SOM established the MBA program of the university in 1986. It caters for MBA teaching, Management research, Organisational management, government officers training, industrial consulting and management extension, with a team of three professors, nine associate professors and two readers.
Pondicherry University is located in a campus spread over 780 acres (3.2 km2), facing the Bay of Bengal on the East Coast Road. It is accessible from Chennai (168 km) and Banglore (300 km). The School of Management (SOM) is the first academic entity of the university established as a centre of Excellence and a stand alone school in 1986. Then in 2005, SOM was reconstructed which includes the Department of Management Studies as the parent department and five other departments.
The two-year (four semesters) full-time MBA in DMS SOM prepares student for a professional career in management. While the first year is devoted to foundational course, the second year enables the students to gain breadth and depth of different areas and specialize in the selective fields. The students have choice to choose one major and/or one minor as specialization.
Evaluation of the students is on the basis of their performance in assignments, participation in departmental activities, projects, tests, classroom presentations, quizzes, case studies and end semester examinations.
Synapse is an industry interface event where CEOs, entrepreneurs, leaders and corporate people are invited to speak on management-related topics.
- Human Resources
- Recipient of STAR NEWS Outstanding B-School( south) of the year 2010
- Rated #6 among Top 10 B-School in South India by INDIAN EXPRESS 2010
- Rated #19 in the category of top B-Schools of excellence in India (CSR-GHRD Survey, 2010)
- Rated #3 in the country among the government universities B-School (CSR-GHRD Survey, 2009)
- Ranked #1 in the country among all the B-schools considering the fees paid by students (CSR-GHRD Survey, 2008)
- Rated A+ (Business India survey 2008)
- Rated #4 in the country among the government university B-Schools (AIMA Survey, 2008)
- Accredited by NAAC-UGC
- Approved by the AICTE
List of faculty
- Dr R Paneerselvam – Operations Management & Systems
- Dr R P Raya – Human Resource Management
- Dr T Nambirajan – Productions and Operations Management
- Dr Chitra Sivasubramanian – Human Resource Management
- Dr Uma Chandrasekaran – Marketing
- Dr B Charumathi – Finance Management
- Dr S Victor Anand Kumar – Marketing and Information System
- Dr R Kasilingam – Finance, Business Law and Business analytics
- Dr R Venkatesakumar – Marketing and Quantitative Methods
- Dr L Motilal – Business Environment and Public Systems Management
- Dr K Lavanyalatha – Human Resource Management & Marketing
- Dr S Riasudeen – Human Resource Management/Management Group Dynamics
- Dr B Rajeswari – Marketing Management, Operation Management, Strategic Management
- Dr G Madan Mohan- Managerial Economics And Financial Management