DRG Class 99.32
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Number(s)||99 321–99 324
DR: 99 2321–99 2324
|Manufacturer||Orenstein & Koppel, DLW Meiningen|
|Year(s) of manufacture||1932, 2008|
|Axle arrangement||1'D1' h2t|
|Track gauge||900 mm (2 ft 11 7⁄16 in)|
|Length over buffers||10,595 mm|
|Service weight||43.80 t|
|Adhesive weight||32.33 t|
|Top speed||50 km/h|
|Indicated Power||460 PSi / 34 kW|
|Starting tractive effort||59.33 kN|
|Driving wheel diameter||1,l00 mm|
|Leading wheel diameter||550 mm|
|Trailing wheel diameter||550 mm|
|Valve gear||outside Walschaerts (Heusinger)|
|No. of cylinders||2|
|Cylinder bore||380 mm|
|Piston stroke||550 mm|
|Boiler Overpressure||14 bar|
|Grate area||1.62 m2|
|Superheater area||30.60 m2|
|Evaporative heating area||61.00 m2|
|Water capacity||3.0 m2|
|Fuel||1.7 t coal|
The Class 99.32 engines were standard steam locomotives (Einheitsdampflokomotiven) in service with the Deutsche Reichsbahn in Germany. The three examples built are still working today on the Bäderbahn Molli (Molli Spa Railway) between Bad Doberan and Kühlungsborn-West. A feature of the engines is the tapered driver's cab due to the restricted loading gauge of the upper section of the line. With a top speed of 50 km/h it is one of the fastest narrow gauge locomotive classes in the whole of Germany, however it cannot run at that speed on this particular route.
Together with the DRG Class 99.33s, they are the only steam locomotives on the Bäderbahn Molli. Because the small Wismut engines have a low tractive effort and top speed, the search for alternatives started. As a result, a fourth Einheitslok was built in Dampflokwerk Meiningen.
- 99 321 in service at Kühlungsborn West
- 99 322 in service at Kühlungsborn West
- 99 323 in service at Kühlungsborn West
- 99 324 in service at Kühlungsborn West
- Kieper, Klaus; Preuß, Reiner (1980). Schmalspurbahnarchiv. Berlin: transpress VEB Verlag für Verkehrswesen.
- Kieper, Klaus; Preuß, Reiner (1980). Schmalspur zwischen Ostsee und Erzgebirge. Düsseldorf: Alba Buchverlag. ISBN 3-87094-069-7.
- Obermayer, Horst J. (1971). Taschenbuch Deutsche Schmalspur-Dampflokomotiven. Stuttgart: Franckh. ISBN 3-440-03818-1.