Daan Forest Park
|Daan Forest Park|
The Ecological Pool in the centre of Daan Forest Park
|Area||259,293 m2 (64.073 acres)|
|Parking||Underground parking garage|
|Daan Forest Park|
Daan Forest Park is a public park near the centre of the Daan District of Taipei, Taiwan. The park occupies twenty-six hectares and is bordered on its north, south, east and west by Xinyi Road, Heping Road, Jianguo Road and Xinsheng Road, respectively. The park is used by residents of Taipei as a green activity space and for various outdoor activities. The park was created in 1994 after the eviction of longtime squatters and the demolition of illegal buildings on municipal land, not by mayor Chen Shui-bian, as is often cited, but by his predecessor, Huang Ta-chou.
Daan Forest Park was intended to play a similar role as other major city parks such as New York City's Central Park and London's Hyde Park, acting as the "lungs of Taipei city" and as respite for residents from the bustle of life in Taipei. Similar to the large parks of other cities, Daan Park is surrounded by high price luxury condominiums that fetch a premium due to their desirable views, some reaching the price of $400 million New Taiwan dollars (approximately $14 million US dollars) in 2012.
The park is home to a wide variety of animals including squirrels, and several species of ducks, egrets, and turtles.
Daan Forest park contains two ponds, several pavilions, and strolling paths, and well as cultural recreational facilities such as an amphitheatre, children's playground, a jogging loop, and a skating rink. It also contains an underground parking garage.
Direct access to the park by Taipei Metro is provided by the Daan Park Station located at the Northern end of the park. However, the park is also accessible within walking distance West from Daan Station of the Taipei Metro and East from Dongmen Station.
- About Daan District:Daan Forest Park, Taipei City Government, 2010-01-28
- Daan Forest Park, Go2Taiwan, April 29, 2010
- Da'an Park, Tourism Bureau, Republic of China (Taiwan), 2012, archived from the original on 27 July 2012
- "Ex-ING manager indicted on fund misuse", The China Post, November 8, 2012
- Lee, Hsin-yin (12 December 2017). "Islamic cultural fair highlights Muslim presence, challenges". Focus Taiwan. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- Huang, Maggie (23 December 2017). "Islamic Market draws large crowds to Taipei's Daan Forest Park". Taiwan News. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- "Daan Forest Park Azalea Festival".https://english.gov.taipei/News_Content.aspx?n=62437C39128E120D&s=4CCE4787FC1B17E7
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daan Park.|