Domgmen Station Platform 1
|Location||Sec. 2, Xinyi Rd.
Zhongzheng and Daan, Taipei
|Opened||September 30, 2012|
|Passengers||48,431 daily (2016)
(Ranked 26th of 109)
The Taipei Metro Dongmen Station is a station on the Xinzhuang Line located beneath Xinyi Rd, Sec. 2 between Jinshan S. Rd. and Yongkang St. in Zhongzheng and Da'an districts in Taipei, Taiwan. It is an interchange station with Xinyi Line, Xinzhuang Line, which opened on 24 November 2013. The station opened on September 30, 2012 with the opening of the Zhongxiao Xinsheng to Guting segment of the Xinzhuang Line.
The main diaphragm wall of the station is 1.5 m (4.9 ft) thick and 72 m (236 ft) meters deep, thus making it the deepest diaphragm wall of all Taipei Metro stations. Construction on this part started in March 2004 and was completed on April 26, 2007. It was announced that on July 15, 2010, the intersection of Jinshan South Road and Xinyi Road would be restored to its pre-construction state.
Because the station is the interchange station of the Xinyi and Xinzhuang Lines, five tunnels intersect in a twisted form beneath the nearby Hangzhou South Road: two Xinyi Line tunnels, two Xinzhuang Line tunnels, and a common duct. They are stacked and intersected underneath existing buildings and run along Hangzhou South Rd., Sec. 2. Construction on the five tunnels began on September 15, 2005 with the start of construction on the Xinyi Line and was completed by January 17, 2009. Of the subway tunnels, the shallowest is the northbound Xinzhuang Line tunnel at 13.4 m (44 ft) deep, while the deepest is the Xinyi Line southbound tunnel at 25.3 m (83 ft) deep. The common duct, by far the shallowest of the five, is 7–8 m (23–26 ft) underground.
The station is a four-level, underground station with island platforms for both the Xinyi and Xinzhuang Lines. The platforms are stacked, allowing for cross-platform interchange between the two lines. The Xinyi Line station is 217 m (712 ft) meters long and 24.7 m (81 ft) meters wide. and eight exits, one accessibility elevator, and two vent shafts.
|B1||Concourse||Lobby, toilets, one-way ticket machine, information desk|
|B2||Platform 1||→ Line 4 toward Luzhou/ Huilong (Zhongxiao Xinsheng) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Platform 2||← Line 2 toward Tamsui/ Beitou (Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall)|
|B4||Platform 3||← Line 4 toward Nanshijiao (Guting)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Platform 4||→ Line 2 toward Xiangshan/ Daan (Daan Park) →|
Note: Platform 3,4 is the lowest level platform in the system.
- Exit 1: Xinyi Rd., and Linyi St.
- Exit 2: Xinyi Rd. (Dongmen Market)
- Exit 3: Xinyi Rd., and Jinshan S. Rd.
- Exit 4: Xinyi Rd., and Lishui St.
- Exit 5: Xinyi Rd., and Yongkang St.
- Exit 6: Xinyi Rd., and Lianyun St.
- Exit 7: Xinyi Rd., and Lianyun St.
- Exit 8: Tamjiang St. (Dongmen Post Office)
Around the station
- Yongkang Street
- Chunghwa Post
- Yongkang Park
- Din Tai Fung (original Xinyi store)
- Dongmen Market
- Taipei Municipal Jin-Hua Elementary School
- Chunghwa Telecom (between this station and Guting Station)
- Remains of Taipei prison walls
- Karawari Jinhu Community (between this station and Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station)
- Taipei Grand Mosque
- Chang Foundation Museum
- Industrial Development Bureau
- Jinhua Park
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dongmen Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Route Map: Guting". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- "Second Stage of Taipei MRT (Approved MRT Lines)". Department of Rapid Transit Systems, TCG. 2010-03-12. Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- "工程線上 Status Report: 新莊線東門站完成72公尺捷運最深的連續壁". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2007-11-01. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- "捷運東門站 第1階段交維復舊". UDN. 2010-07-09. Retrieved 2010-07-09.[dead link]
- "Five Shield Tunnels Intersect Underneath Dongmen Station". 2005-06-05. Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- 臺北捷運東門站麻花隧道宣告成形 (in Chinese). Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2009-04-01. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Dongmen Station". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- "捷運系統信義線簡介" (PDF). Department of Rapid Transit Systems, Taipei City Government. 2007-12-01. Retrieved 2010-06-18.