||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Dabboo Ratnani with wife Manisha Ratnani in 2010
|Born||December 24 1971|
|Occupation||Fashion photography Bollywood photography|
|Spouse(s)||Manisha D Ratnani|
|Children||(3) Myrah, Kiara, Shivaan|
|Relatives||Vicky Ratnani brother|
Dabboo Ratnani is a leading Indian fashion photographer, known for his annual calendar which has become a highly notable showbiz event in India since its first publication in 1999. He is the cover photographer for all leading magazines like Cosmopolitan, Filmfare, Hi Blitz, Ok India, Elle, Verve, Femina, The Man and Better Homes and Gardens. In 2006, he was in the jury for the Miss India contest.
Born on december 24, 1971, he practised his skill as a young man in Mumbai training together with Sumit Chopra. He has been working independently since 1994.
Ratnani is one of the prominent portrait and celebrity photographers in the Indian cinema. His induction into the world of photography came about largely by chance. Films got Ratnani editorial work, which in turn got him model portfolios, which led him to advertising. His work has been used for film advertising and publicity campaigns.
Ratnani's best known work is his annual calendar. He has helped create a trend of collectible celebrity calendars in India, after the fashion of the Pirelli Calendar. He is one of a number of photographers with trademark calendars widely covered in the media. Over the years top Bollywood stars have appeared on his calendar. Every year the launch of the calendar becomes a major event featuring top celebrities, 24 of them for each year. 18 of the 24 celebrities, including Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Bipasha Basu and Arjun Rampal are a constant feature on his calendar. For the 2012 edition, the photographer shot a video with some behind-the-scenes moments for each celebrity, which were made available on YouTube.
- Perizaad Zorabian, Urmila Matondkar, Priyanka Chopra, Neha Dhupia, Bipasha Basu, Esha Deol, Preity Zinta, Amrita Arora, Aishwarya Rai, Rani Mukherjee, Raveena Tandon, Amrita Rao, Shilpa Shetty, Lara Dutta, Dia Mirza, Katrina Kaif, Sameera Reddy, Soha Ali Khan, Amisha Patel, Tabu, Ishaa Koppikar, Pooja Bhatt, Riya Sen, Mahima Chaudhary, Shahrukh Khan
- Bipasha Basu, Shahid Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, John Abraham, Urmila Matondkar, Ajay Devgan, Hrithik Roshan, Riya Sen, Fardeen Khan, Lara Dutta, Zayed Khan, Ilene Hamann, Sanjay Dutt, Amisha Patel, Abhishek Bachchan, Koena Mitra, Shahrukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Sameera Reddy, Arjun Rampal, Preity Zinta, Salman Khan
- Mallika Sherawat, Aamir Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Rani Mukherji, Celina Jaitley, Arjun Rampal, Lara Dutta, Bipasha Basu, Shahid Kapoor, Riya Sen, Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Esha Deol, Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor
- Kajol, Hrithik Roshan, Amitabh Bachchan, Bipasha Basu, John Abraham, Aishwarya Rai, Arjun Rampal, Saif Ali Khan, Akshay Kumar, Ayesha Takia, Riya Sen, Shahrukh Khan, Vidya Balan, Esha Deol, Rani Mukherjee, Priyanka Chopra, Ajay Devgan, Preity Zinta, Abhishek Bachchan, Ajay Devgan, Bobby Deol, Mallika Sherawat, Riteish Deshmukh, Salman Khan, Vidya Balan
- Hrithik Roshan, Bipasha Basu, Ranbir Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Genelia D'Souza, John Abraham, Kangana Ranaut, Imran Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Akshay Kumar, Kajol, Arjun Rampal, Deepika Padukone, Farhan Akhtar, Katrina Kaif, Amitabh Bachchan, Sonam Kapoor, Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, Asin Thottumkal, Vidya Balan
- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Ranveer Singh, Farhan Akhtar, Akshay Kumar, Anushka Sharma, Jacqueline Fernandez Ranbir Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra, Sonakshi Sinha, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Sidharth Malhotra, Shraddha Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan, Abhishek Bachchan, Vidya Balan, John Abraham, Arjun Rampal, Kriti Sanon, Athiya Shetty.
Ratnani took publicity stills for films like Om Shanti Om, Aatish, Blackmail, Fiza, Hera Pheri, Legend of Bhagat Singh, Aawara Pagal Deewana, Jhankaar Beats, Jism, Jo Bole So Nihaal, Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai, .
He has shot for magazines like Elle, Ok India, Hi Blitz, Stern, Marie Claire, Asian Woman, Better Photography, Cine Blitz, Cosmopolitan, Ehlan Masala, Femina, Filmfare, G Mag, Good Housekeeping, Maxim, Movie, Savvy, Stardust and Verve, as well as for the leading men's lifestyle magazines Man's World and The Man.
He also has worked in advertising for brands like Nokia with Shahrukh Khan, Movado with Harbhajan Singh, Acer computers with Hrithik Roshan, Boroplus with Kareena Kapoor, Belmonte suitings with Shahrukh Khan, Provogue, Asian Paints & lays with Saif ali Khan, 7 Up (with Malika Sherawat), Airtel (with Shahrukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Saurav Ganguly, Amitabh B perfume (with Amitabh Bachchan), Anmol, Bajaj, BPL Mobile, Citizen watches (with Kareena Kapoor), Coca Cola (with Hrithik Roshan and Aamir Khan), Compaq (with Shahrukh Khan), Dabur (with Amitabh Bachchan, Rani Mukherjee and Riya Sen), Donear Suitings, Hyundai Santro (with Shahrukh Khan and Preity Zinta), ICICI Bank (with Amitabh Bachchan).
- "Capturing the X-factor: Daboo Ratnani". Deccan Herald. 3 February 2006. Archived from the original on 14 March 2007. Retrieved 10 March 2007.
- "24 frames make a year". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. 6 January 2006. Retrieved 10 March 2007.
- "Splashing stars". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. 20 January 2007. Retrieved 28 March 2007.
- "Better Homes and Gardens now in India". Agency FAQs. 14 March 2007. Archived from the original on 17 March 2007. Retrieved 28 March 2007.
- Dasgupta, Piyali (1 November 2006). "Kaun banegi Miss India?". Delhi Times. Retrieved 28 March 2007.
- "Dabboo Ratnani, photographer". Femina Miss India. 2004. Archived from the original on 17 March 2007. Retrieved 29 May 2007.
- From calendars to collectibles (by Sulekha Nair): The Financial Express, November 26, 2006 (Retrieved on 26 May, 2007). Financialexpress.com (26 November 2006). Retrieved on 17 May 2012.
- Dabboo Ratnani’s 2004 calendar launched: Screen India, January 16, 2004 (Retrieved on 26 May, 2007)
- I can’t not upset people: Dabboo Ratnani. Hindustan Times (9 January 2012). Retrieved on 17 May 2012.