This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||24 December 1971(age 46)|
|Occupation||Fashion Photography & Bollywood Photography|
|Spouse(s)||Manisha D Ratnani|
Dabbu Ratlami is an Indian fashion photographer, known for his annual calendar which has become a highly notable showbiz event in India since its first publication in 1999. He is the cover photographer for all leading magazines like Cosmopolitan, Filmfare, Hi Blitz, Ok India, Elle, Verve, Femina, The Man and Better Homes and Gardens. In 2006, he was in the jury for the Miss India contest.
Ratnani is a portrait and celebrity photographer in the Indian cinema. Films got Ratnani editorial work, which in turn got him model portfolios, which led him to advertising. His work has been used for film advertising and publicity campaigns. Moreover, Ratnani recently judged the India's Top Model show along side Malaika Arora,Milind Soman and Anusha Dandekar aired on MTV India.
Ratnani‘s best known work is his annual calendar. He has helped create a trend of collectible celebrity calendars in India, after the fashion of the Pirelli Calendar. He is one of a number of photographers with trademark calendars widely covered in the media. Over the years top Bollywood stars have appeared on his calendar. Every year the launch of the calendar becomes a major event featuring top celebrities, 24 of them for each year. 18 of the 24 celebrities, including Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Bipasha Basu and Arjun Rampal are a constant feature on his calendar. For the 2012 edition, the photographer shot a video with some behind-the-scenes moments for each celebrity, which were made available on YouTube. The annual calendar 2018 launch event was held in JW Marriot Hotel, Mumbai on 17 January 2018 where most of the biggest Bollywood stars get together. Manushi Chhillar made her debut appearance in Dabboo Ratnani annual calendar 2018.
Ratnani took publicity stills for films like Om Shanti Om, Aatish, Blackmail, Fiza, Hera Pheri, Legend of Bhagat Singh, Aawara Pagal Deewana, Jhankaar Beats, Jism, Jo Bole So Nihaal, Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai, .
He has shot for magazines like Elle, Ok India, Hi Blitz, Stern, Marie Claire, Asian Woman, Better Photography, Cine Blitz, Cosmopolitan, Ehlan Masala, Femina, Filmfare, G Mag, Good Housekeeping, Maxim, Movie, Savvy, Stardust and Verve, as well as for the leading men's lifestyle magazines Man's World and The Man.
He also has worked in advertising for brands like Nokia with Shahrukh Khan, Movado with Harbhajan Singh, Acer computers with Hrithik Roshan, Boroplus with Kareena Kapoor, Belmonte suitings with Shahrukh Khan, Provogue, Asian Paints & lays with Saif ali Khan, 7 Up (with Malika Sherawat), Airtel (with Shahrukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Saurav Ganguly, Amitabh B perfume (with Amitabh Bachchan), Anmol, Bajaj, BPL Mobile, Citizen watches (with Kareena Kapoor), Coca-Cola (with Hrithik Roshan and Aamir Khan), Compaq (with Shahrukh Khan), Dabur (with Amitabh Bachchan, Rani Mukherjee and Riya Sen), Donear Suitings, Hyundai Santro (with Shahrukh Khan and Preity Zinta), ICICI Bank (with Amitabh Bachchan).
- "Capturing the X-factor: Daboo Ratnani". Deccan Herald. 3 February 2006. Archived from the original on 14 March 2007. Retrieved 10 March 2007.
- "24 frames make a year". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. 6 January 2006. Retrieved 10 March 2007.
- "Splashing stars". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. 20 January 2007. Retrieved 28 March 2007.
- "Better Homes and Gardens now in India". Agency FAQs. 14 March 2007. Archived from the original on 17 March 2007. Retrieved 28 March 2007.
- Dasgupta, Piyali (1 November 2006). "Kaun banegi Miss India?". Delhi Times. Retrieved 28 March 2007.
- "Dabboo Ratnani, photographer". Femina Miss India. 2004. Archived from the original on 17 March 2007. Retrieved 29 May 2007.
- From calendars to collectibles (by Sulekha Nair): The Financial Express, November 26, 2006 (Retrieved on 26 May, 2007). Financialexpress.com (26 November 2006). Retrieved on 17 May 2012.
- Dabboo Ratnani's 2004 calendar launched: Screen India, January 16, 2004 (Retrieved on 26 May, 2007)
- I can't not upset people: Dabboo Ratnani. Hindustan Times (9 January 2012). Retrieved on 17 May 2012.
- Dabboo Ratnani's Calendar 2018. FilmyAdvisor (23 January 2018). Retrieved on 24 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dabboo Ratnani.|