Dangerous Toys (album)
|Studio album by Dangerous Toys|
|Recorded||September - November 1988|
|Studio||Sound City Studios, Van Nuys, California|
|Genre||Glam metal, Southern rock|
|Dangerous Toys chronology|
|Singles from Dangerous Toys|
|The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||5/10|
Dangerous Toys is the debut album by Texas hard rock band Dangerous Toys, released in 1989. It includes the singles "Teas'n Pleas'n" and "Scared," the former covered by Shadows Fall on Fallout from the War, the latter a tribute to Alice Cooper.
Although second guitarist Danny Aaron is pictured on the album's back cover and credited for playing, he does not play on the album. Before the album's recording, Trembley left the band, leaving Scott Dalhover their only guitarist. All guitars on the album are played by Dalhover.
All music composed by Dangerous Toys.
|1.||"Teas'n, Pleas'n"||Jason McMaster, Tim Trembley||3:12|
|3.||"Bones in the Gutter"||McMaster||3:25|
|4.||"Take Me Drunk"||McMaster||3:56|
|5.||"Feels Like a Hammer"||McMaster||4:11|
|6.||"Sport'n a Woody"||McMaster||3:28|
|7.||"Queen of the Nile"||McMaster||3:27|
|9.||"Here Comes Trouble"||McMaster||3:20|
|10.||"Ten Boots (Stompin')"||Mike Watson||3:11|
- Jason McMaster - vocals
- Danny Aaron - guitar, backing vocals
- Scott Dalhover - guitar
- Mike Watson - bass, backing vocals
- Mark Geary - drums
- Paula Salvatore - backing vocals on "Feels Like a Hammer"
- Max Norman - producer, engineer, mixing at Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Aaron Isaacs, Bruce Barris - assistant engineers
- Bob Ludwig - mastering at Masterdisk, New York
|1989||Billboard 200 (USA)||65|
|USA||RIAA||1994||Gold (+ 500,000)|
- Zimmermann, Curtis. "Dangerous Toys - Dangerous Toys review". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- Elliott, Paul (February 2010). "Dangerous Toys - Dangerous Toys/Hellacious Acres". Classic Rock. No. 141. pp. 92–93.
- Popoff, Martin (1 November 2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 2: The Eighties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 84. ISBN 978-1-894959-31-5.
- "Dangerous Toys - Dangerous Toys Chart History". Billboard.com. Billboard. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "RIAA Gold & Platinum Database: search for Dangerous Toys". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 2016-10-19.