Daniel Chatto St George Sproule|
22 April 1957
Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones (m. 1994)
Daniel St George Chatto (born 22 April 1957), previously Daniel Chatto St George Sproule, is a British artist and former actor. He is the husband of Lady Sarah Chatto, the daughter of Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, and niece of Queen Elizabeth II.
Chatto is the son of actor Tom Chatto (1920–1982, originally Thomas Chatto St George Sproule) and the theatrical agent Ros Chatto (born Rosalind Joan Thompson; died 2012). He has an older brother, James Chatto.
In 1987, Daniel Chatto legally changed his name by a deed poll from Daniel Chatto St George Sproule to Daniel St George Chatto. At the same time, his mother, also using a deed poll, abandoned her married surname of Sproule in favour of Chatto.
On 14 July 1994, Chatto married Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones.
The couple have two sons: Samuel and Arthur.
- The Marquise (1980)
- Quartet (1981, directed by James Ivory)
- Priest of Love (1981)
- To the Manor Born (as Heatherington-Poole, series finale, 1981)
- A Shocking Accident (1982, short)
- Nancy Astor (1982; based on the life of Nancy Astor)
- Charles & Diana: A Royal Love Story (1982; as Prince Andrew, Duke of York)
- Juliet Bravo (1983)
- Heat and Dust (1983, by James Ivory); based on a novel by Ruth Prawer Jhabvala
- The Razor's Edge (1984; based on a novel by William Somerset Maugham)
- A Christmas Carol (1984; based on a novel by Charles Dickens)
- Dutch Girls (1985, TV)
- The Death of the Heart (1985; based on a novel by Elizabeth Bowen)
- The Shooting Party (1985)
- Little Dorrit (1988; based on a novel by Charles Dickens)
- "No. 51073". The London Gazette. 28 September 1987. p. 12029.
- Walker, Tim (15 June 2012). "The Queen's niece Lady Sarah Chatto mourns the death of agent to the stars". The Telegraph.
- The London Gazette, 28 September 1987. The notice states "by Deed Poll dated 26 June 1987 and enrolled in the Supreme Court of Judicature on 18 September 1987, DANIEL ST. GEORGE CHATTO ... a Commonwealth citizen, abandoned the name DANIEL CHATTO ST. GEORGE SPROULE and assumed the name DANIEL ST. GEORGE CHATTO".
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|