||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Daniel Coonan is a British actor.
After graduating, Coonan spent over ten years working almost exclusively in theatre, working with companies including The National Theatre, The Royal Court Theatre and Howard Barker's theatre company, The Wrestling School. Coonan then had roles in various television series, including a wrongly convicted murderer in Silent Witness, an investigating policeman in the BBC crime drama Mayday, and a violent alcoholic in Mike Leigh's revival of his classic play Ecstasy, which Leigh directed.
In 2013, Coonan joined the cast of the BBC soap opera EastEnders, playing Carl White, having previously played David Priors in 2011. He was originally contracted to appear in 28 episodes as Carl over a six-month period, but filmed over 60 episodes. Coonan was axed from the show in September 2013 and departed in January 2014. Since leaving, Coonan has again returned to the stage, playing 'Marco' in Arthur Miller's classic play 'A View From the Bridge' at The Liverpool Playhouse and 'Black Dog' in The Royal National Theatre's 2015 production of 'Treasure Island'.
In 2016 Coonan appeared in the Discovery Channel miniseries Harley and the Davidsons playing William A. Davidson, one of the founders of the Harley Davidson motorcycle company. He will be involved in filming History Channel's eight part drama documentary 'The War on Drugs' in early 2017 as well as the BBC drama 'Hard Sun', created by Neil Cross, the writer of 'Luther'.
|Storming: Young Writers Festival||Royal Court Theatre||Various|
|King Lear||Royal National Theatre||Richard Eyre|
|Peter Pan||Royal National Theatre||John Caird|
|Scenes from an Execution||The Wrestling School||Howard Barker|
|He Stumbled||Almeida Theatre||Howard Barker|
|Stop Kiss||Soho Theatre||Abigail Morris|
|The Woman in Black||West End||Robin Herford|
|The Way of the World||Northampton Theatre||Selina Cadell|
|Ecstasy||Hampstead Theatre||Mike Leigh|
|The Vanishing Man|
|2003||Seven Wonders of the Industrial World||Philippe Buñau-Varilla|
|2005||Life Isn't All Ha Ha Hee Hee||Dean|
|2013||Silent Witness||Simon Marshall|
|2013||Dancing on the Edge||Policeman|
|2016||Harley and the Davidsons||William A. Davidson|
- "Newest EastEnders villain Carl White is Plymouth man Daniel Coonan". Plymouth Herald. 10 July 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (6 May 2013). "'EastEnders' casts Kirsty Branning's bad boy ex Carl White". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- Tyler, Laura-Jane (15–21 June 2013). "As Kirsty's evil ex arrives in Walford, newcomer Daniel Coonan can't wait to make his mark on the Square...". Inside Soap. Hearst Magazines UK. 2013 (24): 38–39.
- Early, Chas (25 October 2013). "EastEnders' Carl White – exclusive soap chat". BT Group. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "EastEnders bosses axe four major stars from the soap in a bid to boost". Mail Online. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- Klompus, Jack (24 September 2013). "'EastEnders' axes four stars: AJ, Poppy, Carl and Kirsty to leave soap". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|