Daniel H. Pink
Daniel H. Pink
Pink in 2018
|Born||1964 (age 54–55)|
|Alma mater||Northwestern University (B.A.)|
Yale Law School (J.D.)
|Notable works||When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing|
Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us;
A Whole New Mind;
To Sell is Human;
Free Agent Nation;
The Adventures of Johnny Bunko
Daniel H. Pink (born 1964) is an American author, journalist, and television host. He has written six books, including four New York Times bestsellers. He was host and co-executive producer of the 2014 National Geographic Channel social science TV series Crowd Control. From 1995 to 1997, he was the chief speechwriter for Vice President Al Gore.
Early life and education
Pink grew up in Columbus, Ohio. He is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Northwestern University, where he was a Truman Scholar. In 2014, he delivered the convocation speech at Northwestern's graduation. He later received a law degree from Yale Law School, where he was editor-in-chief of the Yale Law & Policy Review.
- Free Agent Nation: The Future of Working for Yourself. 2001. ISBN 978-0-446-67879-7.
- A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future. 2005. ISBN 978-1-59448-171-0. NYT Hardcover Nonfiction bestseller No. 12, December 28, 2008.
- The Adventures of Johnny Bunko: The Last Career Guide You'll Ever Need. 2008. ISBN 978-1-59448-291-5.
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us. 2009. ISBN 978-1-59448-884-9. NYT Hardcover Nonfiction bestseller No. 12, March 7, 2010.
- To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others. 2012. ISBN 978-1-59448-715-6. NYT Hardcover Nonfiction bestseller No. 8, February 10, 2013.
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing. 2018. ISBN 978-0-73521-062-2. NYT Hardcover Nonfiction bestseller No. 2, January 28, 2018.
- "Dan Pink's Crowd Control on National Geographic Channel uses design to tackle social problems across America" Slate, November 13, 2014
- "Daniel Pink, former Gore speechwriter, discusses selling as a way of life". Washington Post.
- American Booksellers Association
- Northwestern Alumni Association
- 2014 Weinberg College Convocation Address by Daniel Pink
- YLPR masthead Issue 8.2 
- "Paperback Nonfiction Books - Best Sellers - December 28, 2008 - The New York Times". Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Hardcover Nonfiction Books - Best Sellers - March 7, 2010 - The New York Times". Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Hardcover Nonfiction Books - Best Sellers - February 10, 2013 - The New York Times". Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "When To Do Everything". Fortune (mailed print edition): 16. 1 February 2018. ISSN 0015-8259.
- "Hardcover Nonfiction Books - Best Sellers - January 28, 2018 - The New York Times". Retrieved 2018-05-18.