Daniel H. Pink
This biographical article is written like a résumé. (May 2017)
|Daniel H. Pink|
Daniel H. Pink
|Born||1964 (age 53–54)|
|Alma mater||Northwestern University (B.A.)
Yale Law School (J.D.)
|Notable works||Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us;
A Whole New Mind;
To Sell is Human;
Free Agent Nation;
The Adventures of Johnny Bunko
Daniel H. Pink (born 1964) is an author of books about work, management, and behavioral science. He was host and co-executive producer of the 2014–2015 National Geographic Channel social science TV series Crowd Control.
Early life and career
Pink grew up in the small suburban town of Bexley, Ohio, outside Columbus, and graduated from Bexley High School in 1982. He received his B.A. from Northwestern University, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He was also named Truman Scholar. He then received his J.D. from Yale Law School in 1991, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Yale Law & Policy Review.
Deciding not to practice law, Pink worked in several positions in politics and economic policy. He served as an aide to Secretary of Labor Robert Reich, and from 1995 to 1997 he was chief speechwriter for Vice President Al Gore. In 1997, he quit his job to go out on his own, an experience he described in the 1998 Fast Company article, Free Agent Nation, which became the basis of his first book.
- In 2013, To Sell is Human won the American Marketing Association's Berry Book Prize for the year's best book in marketing.
- In 2015, Thinkers50 named Pink as one of the 10 most-influential management thinkers in the world.
- Free Agent Nation: The Future of Working for Yourself. 2001. ISBN 978-0-446-67879-7.
- A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future. 2005. ISBN 978-1-59448-171-0.
- The Adventures of Johnny Bunko: The Last Career Guide You'll Ever Need. 2008. ISBN 978-1-59448-291-5.
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us. 2009. ISBN 978-1-59448-884-9.
- To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others. 2012. ISBN 978-1-59448-715-6.
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing. 2018. ISBN 978-0-73521-062-2.
- "The Book Stops Here". Wired. May 2005. Archived from the original on 2005-03-04.
- "Pomp and Circumspect". New York Times. June 4, 2005.
- "What Kind of Genius Are You?". Wired. July 2006.
- "Japan, Ink: Inside the Manga-Industrial Complex". Wired. November 2007.
- "Profile and interviews". 33voices.
- "interview". Oprah Soul Series. 2008. Archived from the original on December 4, 2008.
- "Oprah Talks to Daniel Pink". O, The Oprah Magazine. Dec 2008.
- "Meet Johnny Bunko". WNYC. Brian Lehrer Show. May 6, 2008.
- Doctorow, Cory (June 18, 2008). "Upfront and Unscripted with Daniel Pink". Book Expo America. Archived from the original on September 30, 2008.
- von Zastrow, Claus (February 27, 2008). "Are We in Our Right Minds? LFA's Interview with Bestselling Author Dan Pink". Learning First.
- von Zastrow, Claus (January 3, 2010). "Carrots and Sticks are So Last Century: A Conversation with Author Dan Pink". Learning First.
- "Daniel Pink IMNO Interview". International Mentoring Network Organization (IMNO). Archived from the original on January 15, 2010.
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- "interview with Pink on Free Agent Nation". Booknotes. November 18, 2001.
- About Daniel H. Pink
- "Dan Pink's Crowd Control on National Geographic Channel uses design to tackle social problems across America" Slate, November 13, 2014
- Daniel Pink Google +
- "Meet Our 1984 Truman Scholars," Harry S. Truman Foundation
- Yale Law & Policy Review masthead, 1991
- Free Agent Nation, January 1998
- Andrew Keen (June 4, 2010). "Daniel Pink on How the 21st Century Brain Affects Creativity".
- Daniel H. Pink (December 11, 2005). "Folksonomy". The New York Times.
- Daniel H. Pink (November 22, 2011). "The First Rule Of Being Your Own Boss? Be Authentic".
- Daniel H. Pink (February 2005). "Revenge of the Right Brain". Wired.
- "Berry Book Prize 2013
- "The 50 Most Influential Management Gurus," Harvard Business Review 2011
- "When To Do Everything". Fortune (mailed print edition): p. 16. 1 February 2018. ISSN 0015-8259.