Howard attended Edge Hill University, where he studied sport and exercise science. During his time at Edge Hill, Howard had a residency at the UK's biggest nightclub, The Syndicate, in Blackpool. After his time at university, Howard had a brief stint of playing for Ministry of Sound in Egypt for three months.
Howard was also a keen cricketer, playing for local cricket side Thornton Cleveleys where on a warm sunny day took a particular liking to Eccleston slow bowler Lee Heyes where he dispatched him into the farmers fields on numerous occasions much to the Eccleston bowler's dismay.
BBC Radio 1
In August 2011, after competing against five others in a series of challenges, Howard won the BBC Radio 1 Superstar DJ.
In 2017, Howard was nominated at the Electronic Music Awards for Radio Show of the Year for BBC's Radio 1 Dance Anthems.
Music and DJing
In the summer of 2012, Howard played at San Antonio for Judgment Sundays hosted by Judge Jules, playing at both the opening and closing parties. He also played many dates at the BCM club in Magaluf, Mallorca, in June and July.
On 30 June 2012, Howard closed the Xstatic summer festival. In 2012 he played at the Coloursfest in Scotland.
In early January 2013, Howard released his single ‘Apex’ on Spinnin’ Records and also featured in his first music video.
In mid-October 2013, Howard released his latest single, ‘Spire’ on Spinnin' Records.
In October 2013, along with Futuristic Polar Bears, he released "Thundergod" on Carrillo Music.
In April 2016, Danny Howard officially launched his record label, Nothing Else Matters, with former Radio 1 colleague Nigel Harding and RCA Records. It came after he released 99 Soul's ‘The Girl Is Mine’, which topped the UK Dance Chart.
After a year-long hiatus from releasing music, in 2019 Howard launched the ‘next chapter’ of Nothing Else Matters with a collaboration with Eli & Fur. In a tweet, he said that he’s “So excited take this label in a new direction of quality underground, straight-up club music. I’m feeling proud to be launching with the amazing Eli & Fur. More music info soon. NEM IS BACK!”.
- "DJ Danny Howard from Facebook - Idolbin". idolbin.com.
- "BBC Radio 1's Dance Party with Danny Howard". BBC. Retrieved 24 October 2021.
- "BBC Radio 1 - Annie Mac's Friday Night, Radio 1 Live in Ibiza, Radio 1 in Ibiza - our winner's story". BBC.
- "BBC Radio 1 - BBC Radio 1's Dance Anthems - Danny Howard". BBC. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "BBC Radio 1 - Danny Howard - Gorgon City". BBC. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Danny Howard moves to Pete Tong's 9pm slot as BBC Radio 1 unveils new Friday night schedule". MusicWeek. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- "Danny Howard to take on Radio 1's Dance Party". BBC Media Centre. Retrieved 20 April 2021.
- "Danny Howard Releases Twenty Nine On Spinnin Records". EDMDroid.com. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "An interview with Danny Howard | FourFour". Archived from the original on 15 June 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "'The Arches was amazing!' Says Danny Howard". STV Entertainment. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "Danny Howard - Apex (Official Music Video) - EDM VIDEOS". EDM VIDEOS. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "Music - Compilations". Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "iTunes - Music - Thundergod - EP by Danny Howard & Futuristic Polar Bears". iTunes. 29 October 2013. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "'Danny Howard Launches Record Label". Influenecer Intelligence. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Danny Howard launches Nothing Else Matters Label". DMC World. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Danny Howard launches 'next chapter' of Nothing Else Matters imprint with Eli & Fur collaboration". Dancing Astronaut. 30 August 2019. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "FA Cup third-round predictions - Lawro v Radio 1 DJ & Leeds fan Danny Howard". BBC Sport. 9 January 2022. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- McCarthy, Zel (12 November 2013). "Danny Howard Q&A: The UK DJ Announces His First Stateside Radio Show for SiriusXM". Billboard. Retrieved 2 February 2022.