July 13, 1959|
|Died||July 3, 2012
San Francisco, California
|Occupation||Chef, writer, cheesemaker|
Daphne Zepos (13 July 1959 - 3 July 2012) was a Greek-born author, chef, educator and cheese aficionado. At various times in her career, she was associated with the Artisanal Cheese Center, where she was employed as affineur, the Essex Street Cheese Company (which she co-founded), the Cheese of Choice Coalition and was a co-owner of the Cheese School of San Francisco. She wrote articles about cheese for The Atlantic magazine.
- "Daphne Zepos, 52; writer, chef, and cheese enthusiast". The Boston Globe. July 8, 2012.
- Bowen, Dana (April 27, 2005). "By Cheese Possessed". The New York Times.
- Fletcher, Janet (September 29, 2006). "Former local cook concentrates on Comte". San Francisco Chronicle.
- Kiri Fisher. "Daphne Zepos — In Memoriam". The Cheese School of San Francisco. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Ari Weinzweig. "Daphne Zepos, In Memoriam". Culture: the word on cheese. Archived from the original on 9 August 2012. Retrieved 30 September 2012.