September 29, 1978
New York, New York, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Alma mater||Tufts University |
University of Southern California
Dara Resnik (born September 29, 1978) is an American screenwriter, producer, and award-winning director involved in the writing and producing of television series I Love Dick, Marvel’s Daredevil, and Shooter. She is the co-creator and showrunner of Apple TV+’s upcoming series Home Before Dark.
Resnik was born and raised in New York, New York. She is the daughter of Richard and Elise Resnik. Her father is a corporate and real estate attorney and her paternal grandfather was a Jewish immigrant from Russia who sold pianos including the prop pianos featured in the 1967 film The Producers.
Resnik attended The Dalton School and later earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Communications from Tufts University and a Master of Fine Arts in Motion Picture Producing from the University of Southern California’s School of Cinematic Arts’ Peter Stark Producing Program .
Following a feature career as a writer for Legally Blondes and a co-producer on Sydney White, Resnik was a writer for Aaron Sorkin’s Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip in 2007 and the comedy series Pushing Daisies, which was nominated in 2008 for a Writers Guild of America Award for Best New Series.
Resnik later wrote and produced Mistresses and Castle for ABC Studios, Jane the Virgin for The CW, and USA Network’s Shooter. She was a co-executive producer for Marvel’s Daredevil series, which was released on Netflix in 2015, and Amazon’s series I Love Dick.
Resnik is currently the showrunner and executive producer, along with writer and producer Dana Fox, of Home Before Dark, a Paramount series for Apple TV+ inspired by real-life 12-year-old crime reporter Hilde Lysiak. The mystery drama series focuses on the experiences of a young woman returning to “the small lakeside town her father left behind.”    
Resnik is a faculty member of the Peter Stark Producing Program and the John Wells Division of Writing for Screen & Television at the University of Southern California and also teaches at the Sundance Institute Labs program.
In 2004, Resnik’s short film Great Lengths won two Gold awards at the WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival in the short film and short film director categories. Resnik was a writer for the comedy series Pushing Daisies, which was nominated in 2008 for a Writers Guild of America Award for Best New Series.
Resnik is a single mom. She lives in Los Angeles with her daughter. Resnik participated in the LA Marathon and is involved at IKAR, a Los Angeles-based progressive Jewish congregation.
|2007||Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip||Writer|||
|2007-2009||Pushing Daisies||Writer||Nominated – Writers Guild of America Award for Best New Series|||
|2015||Jane the Virgin||Writer, producer|||
|2017||I Love Dick||Writer, producer|||
|2019||Home Before Dark||Creator, writer, producer|||
|2004||Great Lengths||Director||WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival Gold Award for Short Subject Film and Video
WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival Gold Award for Independent Short Subject - Films & Video - Directing - Shorts
- "One Degree from Kevin Bacon". ESME. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "What We Know About 'Amazing Stories' and Other Shows Coming to Apple TV+". Variety. March 15, 2019. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Apple's Upcoming Drama Based on Child Journalist Hilde Lysiak Gains Lead Actress". MacRumors. August 17, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Apple Reveals Titles For Several Of Its Original Series". Deadline. March 25, 2019. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Dara Resnik Creasey". WritingPad. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Paramount TV and Anonymous Content Sign Dana Fox to Overall Deal". Variety. March 28, 2019. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "'Florida Project' Star Cast in Lead Role of Apple's Hilde Lysiak Series". Variety. August 17, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Apple Orders Hilde Lysiak Series From Dana Fox, Dara Resnik". Variety. June 13, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Hilde Lysiak-Inspired Mystery Gets Series Order at Apple". WomenAndHollywood.com. June 15, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Apple Orders Hilde Lysiak Mystery Series". The Hollywood Reporter. June 13, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Inaugural Sundance Institute, YouTube New Voices Lab Incubates Next Generation of Digital Creativity". Sundance Institute. November 4, 2016. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Dara Resnik - Awards - IMDB". IMDB. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip on IMDb
- Pushing Daisies on IMDb
- Sydney White on IMDb
- Mistresses (TV Series 2008 - 2010) on IMDb
- Castle (TV Series 2009 - 2016) on IMDb
- Jane the Virgin (TV Series 2014 -) on IMDb
- Shooter (TV Series 2016 -) on IMDb
- I Love Dick (TV Series 2016 - 2017) on IMDb
- Daredevil (TV Series 2015 - 2018) on IMDb
- Home Before Dark (TV Series 2019 -) on IMDb
- Legally Blondes (2009) on IMDb
- Great Lengths (2004)) on IMDb