Dark Money (book)
|Subject||Political science, Economics|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover), e-book|
Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right (2016) is a non-fiction book written by the American investigative journalist Jane Mayer. The book focuses on a network of extremely wealthy conservative Republicans, foremost among them Charles and David Koch, who have together funded an array of organizations that work in tandem to influence academic institutions, think tanks, the courts, statehouses, Congress, and the American presidency for their own benefit. Mayer particularly discusses the Koch family and their political activities, along with Richard Mellon Scaife, John M. Olin, the Bradley brothers, as well as the DeVos and Coors families and their related foundations.
- Citizen Koch (2013) documentary film
- Company Town
- Koch Brothers Exposed
- Democracy in Chains (2017)
- Kochland (2019)
- Ehrenhalt, Alan (January 19, 2016). "'Dark Money,' by Jane Mayer". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Dwyer, Jim (January 26, 2016). "What Happened to Jane Mayer When She Wrote About the Koch Brothers". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- "How the Kochtopus went after reporter Jane Mayer". Mother Jones. January 2016. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Daley, David. "'They see themselves as heroes. Instead people are saying they're manipulating American politics': Jane Mayer on the method behind the Koch brothers' brilliant madness". Salon. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Kaiser, Charles (January 17, 2016). "Dark Money review: Nazi oil, the Koch brothers and a rightwing revolution". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- "Jane Mayer Condemns the Koch Brothers for Not Being Progressive". National Review Online. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Mayer, Jane (January 19, 2016). "'Hidden History' Of Koch Brothers Traces Their Childhood And Political Rise". NPR.org. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Grigsby, Susan (February 7, 2016). "Essential reading: Jane Mayer's 'Dark Money'". Daily Kos. Retrieved May 24, 2016.