|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1014 Cave Spring Rd SW
Rome, Georgia, Floyd County 30161-4700
|School type||Private, PreK-12|
|Head of School||Brent Bell|
|Color(s)||Purple and White|
|Accreditation||AdvancED, MSA, SAIS|
Darlington School is an American private, coeducational, college-preparatory day and boarding school in Rome, Georgia. The school serves students from pre-kindergarten to grade 12, divided into a lower, middle and upper school. The student body represents 38 countries. The Head of School is Brent Bell, The Upper School Director is Matthew Peer, and The Lower School Director is Hope Jones.
Founded in 1905 by local residents John Paul and Alice (Allgood) Cooper, Darlington School was named by former students in honor of a local teacher. Joseph James Darlington taught at the local J. M. Proctor School for Boys in Rome. The school originally used Thornwood House and its associated property. In 1920 The school moved to the current location of Desoto Park and has expanded around this 400 acre area.
Darlington School uses an English public school-style House system in the upper school. Each house is led by a Head of House faculty member and a Resident and Day Student prefect. Boys houses include Summerbell (Freshman), Moser, and Neville. Girls houses include Cooper (Freshman), Regester, and Thornwood.
The school participates in Greater Opportunities for Access to Learning (GOAL), a Georgia program which offers a state income tax credit to donors of scholarships to private schools.
- Ernest Vandiver - former governor of Georgia
- Cy Twombly - artist 
- Adam Marcus - mathematician
- Will Muschamp - former head football coach at the University of Florida
- Elson Floyd - 10th president of Washington State University
- "Institution Summary". AdvancED. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Member Directory". MSA-CESS. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "SAIS Member Directory". Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- About Darlington School
- Bell, Daniel (October 27, 2009). "GOAL to aid private schools, donors: Saturday is the deadline for a tax break to benefit schools and their contributors.". Rome News-Tribune. Retrieved 2009-10-31.
- "Avant-garde American artist Cy Twombly, 83, dies in Rome".
- "Will Muschamp follows steady path to become Florida Gators coach".