|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
|Stable release||4.1.0.RELEASE / May 19, 2015|
|Platform||Java Virtual Machine|
|License||Apache License 2|
DataNucleus (formerly known as Java Persistent Objects JPOX) is an open source project (under the Apache 2 license) which provides software products around data management in Java. The DataNucleus project started in 2008 (the JPOX project started in 2003 and was relaunched as DataNucleus in 2008 with broader scope).
DataNucleus Access Platform is a fully compliant implementation of the Java Data Objects (JDO) 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3.0, 3.1 specifications (JSR 0012, JSR 0243) and the Java Persistence API 1.0, 2.0, 2.1 specifications (JSR 0220, JSR 0303, JSR 0338), providing transparent persistence of Java objects. It supports persistence to the widest range of datastores of any Java persistence software, supporting all of the main object-relational mapping (ORM) patterns, allows querying using either JDOQL, JPQL or SQL, and comes with its own byte-code enhancer. It allows persistence to relational datastores (RDBMS), object-based datastores (db4o, NeoDatis ODB), document-based storage (XML, Excel, OpenDocument spreadsheets), web-based storage (JSON, Google Storage, Amazon Simple Storage Service), map-based datastores (HBase, Google's BigTable, Apache Cassandra), graph-based datastores (Neo4j), document stores (MongoDB) as well as other types of datastores (e.g. LDAP). Its plugins are OSGi-compliant so can be used equally in an OSGi environment.
DataNucleus Access Platform is also utilised by the persistence layer behind Google App Engine for Java, and VMForce (cloud offering from Salesforce.com and VMWare). Please note that these uses of DataNucleus are not part of the DataNucleus project, and so are not supported by it.
- JFire - ERP using DataNucleus for persistence
- Apache Isis - Java framework for developing domain-driven applications using the Naked Objects pattern, and providing JDO persistence using DataNucleus
- "DataNucleus launched". InfoQ. May 1, 2008. Retrieved May 1, 2008.
- Java JCP JSR-0012 JDO 1.0 Specification
- Java JCP JSR-0243 JDO 2.0 Specification
- Java JCP JSR-0220 JPA 1.0 Specification
- Java JCP JSR-0303 JPA 2.0 Specification
- Java JCP JSR-0338 JPA 2.1 Specification
- "Google AppEngine for Java released". DataNucleus. Apr 7, 2009. Retrieved Apr 7, 2009.
- "VMForce using DataNucleus". DataNucleus. Oct 22, 2010. Retrieved Oct 22, 2010.
- DataNucleus - Open Source Java data management software
- SourceForge - project page for DataNucleus
- GitHub - source code repository projects for DataNucleus
- Cumulus4J - Encrypted persistence using DataNucleus