Date with the Night
|"Date with the Night"|
|Single by Yeah Yeah Yeahs|
|from the album Fever to Tell|
|Released||April 14, 2003, UK and April 21, 2003, United States|
|Genre||Indie rock, art punk, garage punk|
|Label||Polydor, UK and Interscope, United States|
|Writer(s)||YYY and David Sitek|
|Yeah Yeah Yeahs singles chronology|
"Date with the Night" is the first single from Fever to Tell by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. This single also includes the B-side "Yeah! New York" which can also be found as a bonus track on the UK release of Fever to Tell, and an exclusive remix of "Bang" from their debut EP, Yeah Yeah Yeahs (2001). The single peaked at number sixteen on the UK's official charts. The video, directed by Patrick Daughters, was, supposedly, shot at Bristol University Union's Anson Rooms on Saturday 1 March 2003 but also contains scenes shot at other venues during the same tour, including The Zodiac in Oxford. The song is also available as a downloadable track for the music video game series Rock Band. The song was also featured on the soundtrack for the British teen soap opera Skins.
"Date With the Night" was met with acclaim from music critics upon its release. In a review of the song, Allmusic's Tom Maginnis said that "the band scatter sinewy riffs laced with soiled power chords and volcanic eruptions of white noise with joyous irreverence." Blender noted that the song had a "disco pulse," while Entertainment Weekly's Emily Wilson called the song "ferocious." Pitchfork praised the song's "stop/start emergency-room shriek." The Guardian's review noted that "You scarcely notice how mannered the vocals are when there is great music powering away behind" Karen O.
CD & 7" Single
- Date with the Night
- Yeah! New York
- Bang By Little Stranger
|UK Singles (OCC)||16|
- "Date With the Night! overview". Discogs. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- ""Date With the Night" chart stats". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- DLC Week of May 6th - Rock Band - Forums
- "Skins soundtrack overview". Allmusic. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- Maginnis, Tom. "Date With the Night single review". Allmusic. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- Tannenbaum, Rob. "Fever to Tell review". Blender. Archived from the original on 23 May 2009. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- Wilson, Emily. "Fever to Tell review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- Carr, Eric. "Fever to Tell review". Pitchfork. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- Petridis, Alexis. "The Guardian review". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Yeah Yeah Yeahs full chart history". Official Charts. Retrieved 19 October 2016.