- Not to be confused with Dave Cooke.
August 2, 1983 |
Dave Cook is a video game journalist, author and former PR consultant living in Edinburgh, Scotland. He has written game reviews and features for online and print publications. His previous work includes writing for GamesTM, The Escapist, as well as SquareGo, Ready Up, The List and The Skinny.
From January 2009 to April 2010, Cook was managing director of video game public relations firm Ink Media. He writes a weekly gaming column in The Scotsman which has earned him a Games Media Awards in 2008, 2010 and one in 2011 for best regional newspaper writer.
In October 2012, Dave Cook received criticism by video games writer Rab Florence and video game journalist John Walker for participating in a competition to win a PS3 by tweeting about a specific company's game.
On Boxing Day 2013, Cook and author Matthew Drury released collaboratively-written sci-fi novel Drifting.
Cook is also writing his first solo novel Seventh Circle.
- VG247 Staff Page. "VG247 :". vg247.com. Retrieved 2014-05-22.
- Send In the Lawyers. "The Escapist :". Escapistmagazine.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Wainwright, Lauren (2009-06-19). "Ink Media officially open for business, seeks new talent | games industry | MCV". Mcvuk.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Ingham, Tim. "Trade hails its media darlings | Games industry news | MCV". Mcvuk.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Parfitt, Ben. "PC Zone heads roll call of winners at Games Media Awards | Games industry news | MCV". Mcvuk.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- French, Michael. "GMA 2011: Donlan, MacDonald, Gaston and Cook take talent prizes | Games industry news | MCV". Mcvuk.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Drifting. "Drifting :". driftingnovel.com. Retrieved 2014-05-22.
- Seventh Circle. "Seventh Circle :". theseventhcircle.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-05-22.
- Dave Cook's author page at NowGamer
- Collection of Dave Cook's articles for SquareGo
- Collection of Dave Cook's articles for The Scotsman
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|