|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Missouri Western (GA)
Northeast Missouri State (assistant)
Rolla HS (MO)
|Head coaching record|
|Tournaments||0–2 (NAIA playoffs)|
|Accomplishments and honors|
|2 KCAC (2001–2002)|
Dave Dallas is an American football coach and former player. He was the head football coach at Kansas Wesleyan University until he resigned after completion of the 2013 season. From 1989 to 1996, Dallas was the head football coach at Ottawa University. As of 2014, he is head coach at North County High School in Bonne Terre, Missouri.
Dallas played college football at Missouri Western in St. Joseph, Missouri from 1979 until 1982. After playing, he continued to work with the Griffons as a graduate assistant in the football program.
Dave Dallas was the 25th head football coach for the Ottawa University Braves located in Ottawa, Kansas and he held that position for eight seasons, from 1989 until 1996. His career coaching record at Ottawa was 37 wins, 40 losses, and 1 ties. This ranks him second at Ottawa in total wins and 14th at Ottawa in winning percentage (.474).
After coaching at Ottawa, Dallas became the 19th head coach for the Kansas Wesleyan University Coyotes located in Salina, Kansas. Dallas has held that position for 17 seasons from 1997 until his resignation in 2013. His coaching record at Kansas Wesleyan is 94 wins, 81 losses, and 0 ties.
In 2000, he coached the Coyotes in the American Family Charity Bowl against conference rival Bethany, losing 20–3. His 2001 team was declared Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference co-champions and then the team won the title outright in 2002. For both the 2001 and 2002 seasons, Kansas Wesleyan qualified for the NAIA Football National Championship playoffs.
Head coaching record
|Year||Team||Overall||Conference||Standing||Bowl/playoffs||NAIA Coaches' Poll#|
|Ottawa Braves (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference) (1989–1996)|
|Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference) (1997–present)|
|2000||Kansas Wesleyan||7–4||6–3||L American Family Charity Bowl|
|2001||Kansas Wesleyan||8–3||8–1||T–1st||L NAIA First Round|
|2002||Kansas Wesleyan||8–3||8–1||1st||L NAIA First Round|
|National championship Conference title Conference division title|
|#Final rankings from NAIA Coaches' Poll.|
- Bronaugh, Renee (August 18, 2014). "Chamber meets new coach". Retrieved May 1, 2015.
- Kansas Weslyan University Dave Dallas
- "2012 Football Media Guide" (PDF). Ottawa Braves. p. 7. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "Head Football Coach Dave Dallas Resigns from Wesleyan". SalinaRadio.com. December 26, 2013. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- College Football Data Warehouse Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes coaching records
- College Football Data Warehouse Kansas Wesleyan Bowl History
- College Football Data Warehouse Kansas Weslyan Football-2001
- College Football Data Warehouse Kansas Weslyan Football-2002
- Topeka Capital-Journal "Ravens set for rematch against first-round foe" By Ken Corbitt, November 23, 2002