David Hitchcock (comics)
|Awards||"Favourite Black & White Comic Book – British" Eagle Award 2005|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2008)
Hitchcock wrote the 48-page one-shot Whitechapel Freak and the three-issue mini-series Springheeled Jack, both available from Full Circle Publications.
Recent projects include Gothic, a collection of short stories, some original and some previously published. He is also working on a short story for Boom! Studios' Cthulhu Tales with Shane Oakley. He is currently illustrating a two-volume graphic novel called Madam Samurai, with screenwriter Gary Young, whose credits include the film Harry Brown starring Michael Caine.
Comics work includes:
- Spirit of the Highwayman
- Whitechapel Freak (original tabloid newsprint edition −2002)
- Whitechapel Freak: Who Was The Fiend Called Jack The Ripper (Full Circle Publications, 2004)
- Springheeled Jack (3-issue mini-series, Full Circle)
- Accent Anthologies (art, with Leah Moore and John Reppion):
- Gothic (newspaper size collection of stories, 2008)
- "a whistle for the deep" (art, with writer Shane Oakley, in Cthulhu Tales No. 12, Boom! Studios, March 2009)
- Madam Samurai Books 1 and 2 (art, with writer Gary Young, 2-volume graphic novel series, Scar Comics, 2010)
- A Mother's Love (16-page short horror story, art only) for SPLIT LIP COMICS.
- The Sixpenny Murder – written by John A. Short – Kult Kreations. A gruesome true account of a class killing in Victorian Liverpool. Just for the sake of sixpence. The comic strip format was originally produced as part of a program to aid underprivileged teens.
- Paradise Mechanism – written and drawn by David Hitchcock, plot by Kerry Hitchcock. Coloured by Matthew Soffe. For David Lloyd's ACES WEEKLY digital comic—2012
This section includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Springheeled Jack Leaps Again!, Sequential Tart, July 2003