||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Education||Highgate School London|
|Notable awards||Evening Gazette (Teesside) Champion Ambassador Award 2010|
David Jamilly is an English Social entrepreneur
Jamilly founded Pod Children's Charity for children in hospital. Pod Children's Charity started in 1988 and first entertained sick children at Great Ormond Street Hospital. Pod arranges over 2500 performances a year and has entertained over a million children in children's hospital wards and hospices throughout the United Kingdom.
David Jamilly appeared on the Secret Millionaire in 2010 in Redcar in an extended programme, which topped two million seven hundred thousand viewers by the end of it. The programme saw David handling out £25,000 each and becoming patron to Sid's Place, Zoe’s Place and Redcar Amateur Boxing Association. David was one of the co-founders of the Redcar Fire and Steel Festival, alongside Frankie Wales, a festival which celebrated Teesside’s heritage of 150 years of steel making.
David Jamilly founded The Good Deeds Organisation in 2005 which promotes global good deeds and kindness and went on to co-launch and celebrate Kindness Day UK in 2010. Kindness Day UK aims to make each person in the UK carry out one act of kindness on 13 November, World Kindness Day.
In 2011 David Jamilly founded Kindness UK, a not-for-profit, independent organisation which aims to promote, share and unite kindness every day and make kindness a greater part of everyone's day-to-day lives.
He sat on the Advisory Board for the International Centre for Research in Events, Tourism and Hospitailty (ICRETH) 2011 - 2013 based at Leeds Metropolitan University.
Jamilly was made an Honorary Doctor of Business by Southampton Solent University, awarded 22 November 2013.
Books by David Jamilly
- Party People: How to make millions from having fun - David Jamilly and Tammy Cohen (ISBN 978-1-907499-77-7)
- Enjoy: The Creative Approach to Events - Theme Traders (ISBN 0-9542453-0-X)
- "Fun and games with Theme Traders". Evening Standard online. 6 January 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- POD Charitable Trust. "POD Children's Charity". Internet. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. "Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children". Internet. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Channel 4. "The Secret Millionaire David Jamilly". Internet. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Redcar Community College. "Redcar Community College". Internet. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Zoe’s Place. "Zoe's Place Baby Hospice". Internet. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Coatham Memorial Hall Association. "Coatham Memorial Hall Association". Internet. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Fire and Steel Festival. "Fire and Steel Festival". Internet. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- The Good Deeds Organisation. "The Good Deeds Organisation". Internet. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Kindness Day UK. "Kindness Day UK". Internet. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Kindness UK. "Kindness UK". Internet. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- Leeds Metropolitan University. "Leeds Metropolitan University". Internet. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Southampton Solent University. "David Jamilly Awarded Honorary Degree". Internet. Retrieved 2013-11-25.