Kindness UK logo
Kindness UK was founded by social entrepreneur David Jamilly in 2011 with the aim of undertaking initiatives to enhance the value and profile of kindness in society. Jamilly previously founded Pod Children's Charity in 1977, the Good Deeds Organisation in 2007 and co-founded Kindness Day UK in 2010.
In partnership with the University of Sussex the Kindness UK Doctoral Conference was launched in 2015. The Kindness UK Doctoral Conference Award is open to all academic disciplines and is dedicated to the kindness and its effect on people and communities.
Kindness Day UK
Kindness Day UK encourages the public to recognize the value of kindness and perform at least one act of kindness on the day. Kindness UK is a lead UK organisation that promotes and celebrates Kindness Day UK.
Kindness UK were asked to guest judge Nissan’s CARED4 competition which was aimed to search for and reward kind people in the community.
- "How Can Being Kinder To People Help With Loneliness?". Huffington Post.
- "Kindness UK - About Us".
- BBC WM 95.6, The Paul Franks Show, Paul Franks, 28/11/2011, 16:00
- "Biggest ever Clangers marketing drive to launch". LicensingSource.net.
- "Kindness UK Doctoral Conference Award". University of Sussex.
- "University of Sussex Kindness UK Symposium - Thursday 10th November". University of Sussex.
- "London commuters get free chocolate bars for Kindness Day UK". getwestlondon.
- BBC Radio Kent, Julia George, Julia George, Kent, 13/11/2012, 09:00
- Josh Warwick, How to be kind - and why it's good for your health, The Telegraph, London, 13/11/2013
- "Nissan CARED4 Competition". Competition Hunter. Archived from the original on 2012-11-24.