Kindness UK logo
Kindness UK was founded by social entrepreneur David Jamilly in 2011 with the aim of undertaking initiatives to enhance the value and profile of kindness in society. Jamilly previously founded Pod Children's Charity in 1977, the Good Deeds Organisation in 2007 and co-founded Kindness Day UK in 2010.
Between 2012 and 2014 Kindness UK designed, created and distributed free "Kindness Packs" to over 30,000 UK primary and secondary schools. These packs contained activities and resources for teachers to use with a view to encouraging positive values in education.
In partnership with the University of Sussex the Kindness UK Doctoral Conference was launched in 2015. The Kindness UK Doctoral Conference Award is open to all academic disciplines and is dedicated to the kindness and its effect on people and communities.
On 18–20 September 2012 Kindness UK hosted the 7th General Assembly of the World Kindness Movement at their London headquarters. Delegates from Singapore (Singapore Kindness Movement), China, Australia, United States (Life Vest Inside), UK, India, South Korea, Japan, Spain and Italy attended the conference.
Kindness Day UK
Kindness Day UK, which is celebrated on World Kindness Day, every 13 November, was launched by David Jamilly of Kindness UK in cooperation with UK Kindness Movement in 2010. The initiative is affiliated with the World Kindness Movement - a coalition of like-minded organisations containing 18 member nations.
Kindness Day UK encourages the public to recognize the value of kindness and perform at least one act of kindness on the day. Kindness UK is a lead UK organisation that promotes and celebrates Kindness Day UK.
Kindness UK were asked to guest judge Nissan’s CARED4 competition which was aimed to search for and reward kind people in the community.
- "How Can Being Kinder To People Help With Loneliness?". Huffington Post.
- "Kindness UK - About Us".
- BBC WM 95.6, The Paul Franks Show, Paul Franks, 28/11/2011, 16:00
- "Kindness UK - Schools".
- Kindness UK: Pack for primary school children; supporting, promoting and sharing kindness, Theme Traders, London. ISBN 9780954245337
- Kindness UK: Pack for secondary schools; supporting, promoting and sharing kindness, Theme Traders, London. ISBN 9780954245320
- "Biggest ever Clangers marketing drive to launch". LicensingSource.net.
- "Kindness UK Doctoral Conference Award". University of Sussex.
- "University of Sussex Kindness UK Symposium - Thursday 10th November". University of Sussex.
- "London commuters get free chocolate bars for Kindness Day UK". getwestlondon.
- "Kindness Weekly Quotes iOS App". iTunes.
- "Kindness UK To Host 7th General Assembly of the World Kindness Movement". Kindness UK.
- "Kindred Spirits in London". Singapore Kindness Movement.
- "Kindness Day UK: Tell us about your good deeds".
- BBC Radio Kent, Julia George, Julia George, Kent, 13/11/2012, 09:00
- Josh Warwick, How to be kind - and why it's good for your health, The Telegraph, London, 13/11/2013
- "Nissan CARED4 Competition". Competition Hunter.