This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The initiative is affiliated with the World Kindness Movement - a coalition of like-minded organisations containing 18 member nations. Kindness UK is an independent organisation based in London and considers itself the first point of call for initiatives, unbiased information and research on the subject of kindness.
In 2011 David Jamilly founded Kindness UK with the aim of undertaking initiatives to enhance the value and profile of kindness in society. They also provide unbiased news and research on the subject of kindness via their website. Entrepreneur Jamilly previously founded the Good Deeds Organisation in 2007 and co-founded Kindness Day UK in 2010.
Appearances in the media
Public and institutional interest in value systems and positive psychology as global population figures increase led to Kindness UK being referenced through many media channels including BBC Radio London, BBC WM, BBC Radio Kent, BBC Radio Newcastle, BBC Radio Stoke, BBC Somerset, ITV's Day Break, BBC Radio Manchester, and BBC Radio Tees .
Kindness UK have appeared in the following publications:
- Essex Chronicle - WORLD KINDNESS DAY: What will you do today to brighten someone's day?
- SW Londoner - National What Week: How being kind is important to society
- Get West London - London commuters get free chocolate bars for Kindness Day UK
- Good News Magazine - För en vänligare värld
Between 2012 and 2014 Kindness UK designed, created and distributed free "Kindness Packs" to over 30,000 UK primary and secondary schools. These packs contained activities and resources for teachers to use with a view to encouraging positive values in education.
The Kindness UK Doctoral Conference Award provides funding for students of the University of Sussex to attend the conference. The award is open to all academic disciplines.
On 18–20 September 2012 Kindness UK hosted the 7th General Assembly of the World Kindness Movement at their London headquarters. Delegates from Singapore (Singapore Kindness Movement), China, Australia, United States, UK, India, South Korea, Japan, Spain and Italy attended the conference.
Kindness Day UK
Launched in 2010, Kindness Day UK is celebrated every year on World Kindness Day, 13 November. Kindness Day UK encourages the public to recognize the value of kindness and perform at least one act of kindness on the day.
Kindness UK is a lead UK organisation that promotes and celebrates Kindness Day UK.
Kindness UK were asked to guest judge Nissan’s CARED4 competition which was aimed to search for and reward kind people in the community.
- "Kindness UK - Promoting, sharing and uniting kindness". Kindness UK.
- "National Kindness Day UK: How Can Being Kinder To People Help With Loneliness?". Huffington Post.
- "Kindness Day UK: Tell us about your good deeds".
- "Kindness UK - About Us".
- BBC WM 95.6, The Paul Franks Show, Paul Franks, 28/11/2011, 16:00
- "National Kindness Day".
- "Kindness UK - In The Media".
- "The Essex Chronicle - WORLD KINDNESS DAY: What will you do today to brighten someone's day?".
- "SW Londoner - National What Week: How being kind is important to society".
- "Get West London - London commuters get free chocolate bars for Kindness Day UK".
- "Good News Magazine - För en vänligare värld".
- "Kindness UK - Schools".
- Kindness UK: Pack for primary school children; supporting, promoting and sharing kindness, Theme Traders, London. ISBN 9780954245337
- Kindness UK: Pack for secondary schools; supporting, promoting and sharing kindness, Theme Traders, London. ISBN 9780954245320
- "Kindness UK Doctoral Conference Award".
- "London commuters get free chocolate bars for Kindness Day UK". getwestlondon.
- "Kindness Weekly Quotes iOS App".
- "World Kindness Movement". World Kindness Australia.
- "Singpore Kindness Movement".
- "Kindness UK To Host 7th General Assembly of the World Kindness Movement".
- Maggie Richards. "Kindness Day UK launches 13 November". My Daily. Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- BBC Radio Kent, Julia George, Julia George, Kent, 13/11/2012, 09:00
- Josh Warwick, "How to be kind - and why it's good for your health", The Telegraph, London, 13/11/2013
- "Nissan CARED4 Competition". Competition Hunter.
Official Website 
Kindness UK (2013). Pack for primary school; supporting, promoting and sharing kindness. London: Kindness UK.
Kindness UK (2014). Pack for secondary schools; supporting, promoting and sharing kindness. London: Kindness UK. ISBN 978-0-9542453-2-0.