|Full name||David Matthew Mirfin|
|Date of birth||18 April 1985|
|Place of birth||Sheffield, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|2012||→ Scunthorpe United (loan)||19||(1)|
|2015||→ Hartlepool United (loan)||15||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 04:54, 8 February 2016 (UTC).
Mirfin graduated from the Academy in the 2003–04 season and made an immediate impression, helping the team keep 16 clean sheets out of the 25 matches he appeared in that season and also scoring three goals as a part-time emergency striker.
On 5 May 2007, Mirfin was voted the Player's Player of the Year, the Away Supporters' Top Performer and the Fans' Player of the Year. He beat third place Michael Collins and second place Gary Taylor-Fletcher to the award. He also collected the Young Terriers Award and the Huddersfield Examiner Majority Man of the Match for the whole season.
During the 2007–08 season, Mirfin's chances seemed to be limited following a poor defensive partnership between him and Nathan Clarke, but following the arrival of Rob Page and the departure of manager Andy Ritchie, Mirfin found himself in a three-man central defence partnership with Page and Clarke, which after five games have kept four clean sheets.
Mirfin left Huddersfield at the beginning of the 2008–09 season, following the arrival of Andy Butler and Chris Lucketti, to the dismay of most Huddersfield fans, who considered him a better player than his frequent central-defensive partner Clarke.
Following the summer signings of Andy Butler and Chris Lucketti, Mirfin's chances of first-team football at the Galpharm Stadium seemed to be limited and on 11 August 2008, he joined League One rivals Scunthorpe United for a deal worth a minimum of £150,000. He made his debut on 16 August at Walsall, but his debut lasted just 10 minutes, after he was sent off for a professional foul. His first goal for his new club came in the Football League Trophy, an injury time winner against Rochdale, which put Scunthorpe into the area semi-finals. Mirfin left the club in May 2011 when his contract expired.
On 5 July, Watford signed Mirfin on a Bosman ruling transfer on a two-year deal. He made his full league debut for Watford in a 4–0 away defeat to Southampton on 1 October and featured three more times after this.
Return to Scunthorpe United
In January 2012, Mirfin was again signed by The Iron on loan until the end of the 2011–12 season, playing 19 games. He was released from his Watford contract in July 2012, to join Scunthorpe on a two-year contract.
- MIRF SIGNS FOR IRON", HTFC Official Site, 11 August 2008, retrieved 12 August 2008
- "Joe Murphy among seven released by Scunthorpe United". BBC Sport. 20 May 2011.
- "MIRFIN SIGNS FOR HORNETS". Watford F.C. 5 July 2011. Archived from the original on 7 July 2011.
- "Southampton 4–0 Watford". BBC Sport. 1 October 2011.
- "Scunthorpe United sign Parkin, Mirfin and Gibbons". BBC Sport. 31 January 2012.
- "Iron sign Mirfin". Scunthorpe United Football Club. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Official: Mirfin departs". Watford Football Club. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Pools Make Loan Move For Mirfin". Hartlepool United F.C. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 2 February 2015.