From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
He has performed clarinet concertos with many major orchestras around the world.
- He served as principal clarinet with several orchestras, including the American Symphony Orchestra under Leopold Stokowski, and the Cleveland Orchestra.
- From 1992 to 2004 he was Artistic Director of The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center.
- Since 1987 he has been professor of clarinet (adjunct) at the Yale University School of Music.
- He has served on the faculties of the Juilliard School, the University of Southern California, the University of Michigan, the Cleveland Institute of Music, and the University of Hawaii.
- He was appointed Artistic Director of Chamber Music Northwest in 1981.
Three of his recordings have been nominated for Grammy Awards:
- The collected chamber music of Claude Debussy, with the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- The Copland Clarinet Concerto
- Ravel's Introduction and Allegro (with the Tokyo String Quartet)