David Sierra (footballer)
|Full name||David Sierra Manzanares|
|Date of birth||September 16, 1983|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|2002–2004||Real Madrid C|
|2010–2011||Sevilla Puerto Rico||3||(0)|
|2015||Jacksonville Armada FC||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:41, 4 August 2016 (UTC).
David Sierra Manzanares (born 16 September 1983) is a Spanish soccer player who plays as a goalkeeper.
Born in Madrid, Sierra finished his graduation with Real Madrid, after starting it out with Rayo Vallecano. He made his senior debuts with the former's C-team in the 2002–03 season, in Tercera División. In the 2004 summer Sierra first arrived in Segunda División B, signing with SD Ponferradina; he eventually appeared four times in his first two seasons combined, the being promoted in the second.
On 20 September 2006 Sierra made his professional debut, starting in a 0–1 away loss against Elche CF, for the season's Copa del Rey. His Segunda División debut came on 3 June of the following year, in a 0–4 away loss against CD Castellón; he eventually played the other two matches, with Ponfe already relegated.
In March 2010 Sierra moved abroad for the first time of his career, signing with Bayamón FC, appearing in that year's CFU Club Championship, eventually finishing fourth and missing out the CONCACAF Champions League. In October, he joined Sevilla FC's Puerto Rican subsidiary, but only appeared sparingly.
- El Elche derrota por la mínima a la Ponferradina (Elche defeats Ponferradina by the minimum); Marca, 20 September 2006 (in Spanish)
- El Castellón certifica el descenso de la Ponfe a Segunda B (Castellón confirms Ponfe's relegation to Segunda B); Marca, 3 June 2007 (in Spanish)
- Portero del Victoria: "Traté de aprender todo lo que me enseñó Iker Casillas" (Victoria's goalkeeper: "I tried to learn everything from Iker Casillas"); Diez.hn, 7 July 2011 (in Spanish)
- Dos nuevos jugadores se incorporan al proyecto del Puerta Bonita (Two new players added to Puerta Bonita's project); Futmadrid, 12 July 2012 (in Spanish)
- "Armada FC sign veterans Pascal Millien, David Sierra". ArmadaFC.com. 29 January 2015. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- "Armada FC Releases Eight From Roster". Jacksonville Armada FC. November 9, 2015. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- "Miami FC Signs Spanish Veteran Goalkeeper David Sierra". Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- "TRANSACTIONS". nasl.com. NASL. Retrieved 4 August 2016.