Lead vocalist Shayley Bourget
|Origin||Southern California, United States|
|Labels||Spinefarm Records, Sumerian Records|
|Associated acts||Of Mice & Men, Covette|
Dayshell is an American post-hardcore band from Southern California, United States. Their debut self-titled was released on October 15, 2013. The band's second album, Nexus, was released on October 7, 2016. The band is currently working on a third album called Mr Pain set to release in 2019.
Formation, debut album and tour (2012–2014)
Dayshell came to prominence after Shayley Bourget's departure from metalcore band Of Mice & Men in 2012. Dayshell was initially a side project started with Bourget & Martinez in the beginning of 2012. On March 10, 2012, the two released a demo version of the song "Share With Me." Fans of Bourget reacted with great positivity to the song and what it meant to them. The launch of the demo created a tiny whirlwind of steam for the two. Before the group had a full line up, Martinez was contacted by phone by Sumerian Records. Former ex band member of Covette, Jordan Wooley, Bass, had joined the duo Summer 2012. \ The band released a video titled 'The Beginning' discussing how the band first formed.
The band signed to the label Sumerian Records with a video teaser to the release of "Share With Me" from the band's self-titled album including, three later singles from the debut. Tyler Shippy was welcomed into the band on February 27, 2014. After the release of their self-titled they embarked a tour with bands, Middle Class Rut and Chevelle and a tour in North America, and the European Tour across Europe and the UK supporting The Word Alive, I See Stars, Crown The Empire, Get Scared and Palisades.
Line-up changes, label and Nexus (2015–2018)
The band announced the departures of Shippy in February, 2015 and Martinez in July, 2015 on Facebook citing personal and creative differences. Despite the departure of Shippy and Martinez the band continued to tour on the All Stars Tour in May, 2015 then followed by the Dance Gavin Dance 10 Year Anniversary Tour  alongside Slaves, A Lot Like Birds and Strawberry Girls in November and December 2015.
On July 5, 2016 the band left Sumerian Records and signed to Spinefarm Records to release their second album, Nexus, which was released on October 7, 2016. This news was followed by the first single from the album, "Carsick", along with the announcement that Zack Baker was the new drummer replacing Martinez. The band released the second single from the album, "Improvise", on August 12, 2016.
Zack Baker left the band in 2018, and went on to tour with the post-Hardcore outfit Slaves before becoming a permanent member of the band. Tyler Shippy came back to the band, and pursued the role of bass. Two new singles have been released “Feel Fly” and “H8wave” however these are stand alone and the upcoming song “Pressure” set to be released 2/19/19 will be the first single off the new record “Mr. Pain” that will be released later 2019
- Dayshell (2013)
- Nexus (2016)
- Mr Pain (2019)
- Shayley Bourget explains his departure from Of Mice & Men - Alternative Press
- Dayshell discuss the beginning of band in new video - Alternative Press
- Dayshell sign to Sumerian Records; post video teaser - Alternative Press
- Tyler Shippy joins the band - Twitter
- Dayshell announce tour with chevelle and middle class rut - Alternative Press
- Dayshell announce UK tour dates
- I See Stars & Dayshell Announce North American Tour - Sumerian Records
- Dayshell parts ways with Tyler Shippy - Alternative Press
- Dayshell, The All Star Tour - 2015 Line Up & Dates Announced - Sumerian Records
- Dance Gavin Dance announce 10 year anniversary with... - Alternative Press
- Dayshell depart from Sumerian Records - Alternative Press
- Dayshell signs deal with Spinefarm Records - Metal Underground
- Dayshell release Carsick - Deadpress
- Dayshell releases Improvise - Twitter