Gothic & Fantasy Fair at the Beurshal Haaglanden in February 2011
|Former names||Darling Market, Expo Rijswijk, Beurshal Haaglanden|
|Owner||Henk van der Straaten († 2012)|
De Broodfabriek (English: The Bread Factory) is an exhibition and convention center in the Dutch city of Rijswijk. It was founded in 1996 by Henk van der Straaten (co-founder of the former Konmar supermarket chain) as the Darling Market, a recreation of the international market in Haymarket, near Sydney's Darling Harbour which he encountered during a trip to Australia).
In later years it become known as a venue for many fairs such as the Gothic & Fantasy Beurs (English: Gothic & Fantasy Fair) which is held there since 2003. The exhibition part of the venue later became known as Expo Rijswijk and after that Beurshal Haaglanden. The current name refers to the building's previous use as a bread factory of Meneba.
- (Dutch) Henk van der Straaten overleden, Groot Rijswijk, 7 March 2012
- (Dutch) Regels smoren derde van starters Darling Market, Trouw, 3 February 1997
- (Dutch) Woedend op Van der Straaten, Groot Rijswijk, 12 May 2010
- (Dutch) De verstikkende wetten van de vrije markt, De Groene Amsterdammer, Eveline Brandt, 12 February 1997
- (Dutch) De Broodfabriek: nieuwe evenementenlocatie in Rijswijk, Sjoerd Weikamp, Eventbranche.nl, 4 Januari 2012
- (Dutch) Ondernemers Darling Market woedend om sluiting, Omroep West, 14 May 2010
- (Dutch) Official website
|This article about a Dutch building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|